To think that 8.00am on a Sunday morning is too early

(38 Posts)
wowfudge Sun 15-Jun-14 08:26:42

for our NDN to start work on his house? NDN - who we get on well with - is doing work on his house this weekend which he told us about.

Yesterday he started chucking stuff in a skip just after 7am which I was a bit hmm about, but I was already up and about. This morning the banging started just after 8 and woke me up.

Southeastdweller Sun 15-Jun-14 12:38:59

I agree it's too early for a Sunday.

Did he mention what time he'd start the work, when he came round to tell you he'd be doing it this weekend?

holidaysarenice Sun 15-Jun-14 12:46:43

I'm normally all for saying its far to early.

BUT

He warned you, it's for a reason and appears to be a one off.

Untwist knickers.

ShatnersBassoon Sun 15-Jun-14 12:54:25

I think 8am is reasonable, especially when you'd had warning and it's not every weekend. It's not the middle of the night.

DickDasterdly Sun 15-Jun-14 13:04:16

8am on a Sunday is much too early even if he did tell you. I would be pissed off too.

There is no law that says it's ok to make noise or do DIY at 8 or 9 on a Sunday. That's not how noise legislation works.

wowfudge Sun 15-Jun-14 16:49:46

No NDN never mentioned a start time, just that he'd be doing some work and was getting a skip. I don't have a problem with any of that per se, but it was noisy considering we're not joined on to him and was bloody noisy to wake me.

Thankfully by the time DPs came round for lunch they had stopped.

wobblyweebles Sun 15-Jun-14 17:11:26

I think 8am is fine tbh.

Southeastdweller Sun 15-Jun-14 17:13:36

I had a feeling he'd omitted to tell you the start time.

I'd leave it for now and give him the benefit of the doubt it was a one-off but if he does it again at a stupid time like today then have a word because he'd be taking the piss.

ocelot41 Sun 15-Jun-14 17:29:16

Oh God, I dream of being allowed to sleep until 8!

sweetkitty Sun 15-Jun-14 17:32:08

8am is fine 5am would not be grin

wowfudge Sun 15-Jun-14 19:11:46

Ocelot - believe me, 8am is a dream for me and I would have appreciated waking naturally a bit later as I've been unwell recently and needed the rest.

I just think that one day of the week without the noise and hustle and bustle would be good.

MezleyM Sun 15-Jun-14 19:18:30

OH works shifts. Don't suppose any of the neighbours were that chuffed when he zoomed off on his motorbike at 6am this morning, but likewise I don't suppose they'll all remember to be silent all day when he's sleeping off a nightshift.
Not everyone has weekends, or the 9-5 routine.

Bunbaker Sun 15-Jun-14 19:28:33

I don't think 8 am is unreasonable. I suspect the NDN only has the skip for a specified number of days and wants to complete the work before it is removed.

wowfudge Sun 15-Jun-14 20:39:49

Mezley - I have had jobs where I worked at weekends. We've had racket from next door both days of the weekend. It's only just stopped.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now