to not want to use downstairs loo

(99 Posts)
Silvercatowner Sat 14-Jun-14 19:16:02

OH thinks I am. He runs a counselling business from our house. Clients occasionally use our downstairs loo. We have loos upstairs. I cannot use the loo if a client has used it (unless it has been cleaned). On a scale of 1 to 10 how weird is that?

bobberdobber Sat 14-Jun-14 19:19:16

About an 8?

Do you never use public toilets or go to the loo at other people's houses?

CoffeeTea103 Sat 14-Jun-14 19:19:33

Yanbu. I wouldn't want to either. I also avoid public loos until I absolutely have to.

JoeyMaynardsghost Sat 14-Jun-14 19:21:38

Don't blame you. I detest public loos unless it's absolutely impossible not to use one. Anyone else using my loo makes me feel ugh.

Silvercatowner Sat 14-Jun-14 19:23:21

sad
My downstairs loo has effectively become a public toilet.

ThinkIveBeenHacked Sat 14-Jun-14 19:23:31

I never understand the fascination with a downstairs loo. They are either off the hallway or near the kitchen....boak....

tripecity Sat 14-Jun-14 19:27:28

I was all excited about a bloke fitting a downstairs bog here, but then he ruined it by having a shit in it before anyone had actually used it. To say I was fucked off is an understatement.

And this was 7 years ago, and I am still cross loser alert

pointless post also

WiIdfire Sat 14-Jun-14 19:29:26

It's pretty weird. It's a toilet. You are sitting on it, not eating your dinner out of it. I'm pretty sure it's not going to cause any harm to share a toilet.

However, we're all welcome to our own weird ways (I'm sure I have many) so carry on! :-)

Icimoi Sat 14-Jun-14 19:29:52

Do you ever use the loos in restaurants, hotels, airports, stations, schools etc? If so, what's the difference?

museumum Sat 14-Jun-14 19:32:32

It's very odd. Presumably you never use a toilet outside your home? That must really limit your life sad

Lara2 Sat 14-Jun-14 19:32:40

tripecity - I'd still be bloody cross too!!!! angry

phantomnamechanger Sat 14-Jun-14 19:34:07

and me tripe!

MrsShortfuse2 Sat 14-Jun-14 19:38:17

I have some sympathy. 5 on wierdness scale. Your DH shouldn't accept them as clients until they have passed a toilet test, i.e. they don't leave drips, skids or smells smile

Tinkerball Sat 14-Jun-14 19:41:52

What's the problem with having a loo downstairs near the kitchen or off the hall anyway, don't get it?!

Imbroglio Sat 14-Jun-14 19:43:39

Tripecity, how do you know this? Did he tell you?

Imbroglio Sat 14-Jun-14 19:44:40

Ps I like a downstairs loo. Means most guests use it and don't traipse upstairs.

It must be terrible for you OP, not being able to go on holiday or stay in a hotel or anything because of the weird phobia you have. hmm

Perhaps you could start carrying a toilet brush and a bottle of harpic about with you?

You're a bit weird OP but at least you have the option of other loos upstairs.

What do you expect your DH to do - buy a portaloo for the garden?

DoingItForMyself Sat 14-Jun-14 19:48:35

Very weird that you won't use it because someone else has used it before (unless they left streaks of shit all down the inside!)

I don't like to use it if people might hear me so usually go upstairs for a poo, but have just started to feel comfortable after 2 years to have a wee downstairs if dp is in the lounge next door, or in the en suite if he's in bed!

I spent a week in Egypt with the shits, having to trek down a long corridor and 2 flights of stairs several times a night to use the loos in reception instead of the one in our hotel bathroom in case he heard me blush

LuluJakey1 Sat 14-Jun-14 19:48:57

I hate public loos and avoid them unless I am desperate. I don't like anyone using our loo and clean it as soon as they leave- inside, seat, handle, light switch.

I would like DH to have a separate bathroom if it was possible so I only had me to think about in my bathroom!

Kissing, sex, oral sex- all fine but hate sharing a bathroom with him! I know it makes no sense.

rootypig Sat 14-Jun-14 19:49:31

I don't like downstairs loos anyway. I want privacy on the loo! and not to be in a cupboard. YABU not to hate downstairs loos regardless.

wafflyversatile Sat 14-Jun-14 19:52:31

Well I'm sure you know enough about the world to know that there are public toilets and they are in constant use by people who evidently can cope with the fact that other people have used them. So you surely know yourself that it's quite unusual to not use a toilet just because someone else has.

However, everyone has their quirks. If yours isn't destroying your life then it's probably ok to carry on as you are. The stair climbing is good exercise.

HoneyBooBooChild Sat 14-Jun-14 19:53:35

I hate our downstairs toilet - being in the kitchen and hearing someone pissing right outside is rank!

WallyBantersJunkBox Sat 14-Jun-14 19:54:58

Get one of these?

youtu.be/hPFA1Ch6jNk

They are in every motorway service station in Germany...

Pimpf Sat 14-Jun-14 19:55:46

So you'd rather they go upstairs and use that one? Or do you expect them to not use the loo at all?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now