To think radio 1

(17 Posts)
Canthisonebeused Fri 13-Jun-14 20:17:25

Are doing a piss poor alternative World Cup commentary. Iy seems very strained and not sure they will stand the distance to the end of the show.

Scot mills has cut off more than he can chew, he is bloody clueless.

Talisawasnotsupposedtobethere Fri 13-Jun-14 20:38:25

Erm, isn't the point supposed to be that it's crap? It's not supposed to be real commentary for proper football fans is it?

Canthisonebeused Fri 13-Jun-14 20:49:57

Yes. But isn't it supposed to be funny or something? It seems very awkward. I must day the last 5 mins has picked up but it's not even the slightest bit entertaining.

ChineseFireball Fri 13-Jun-14 20:57:30

Radio 1 isn't what it used to be since it got overrun with all these cool young djs. <old lady face>

FunLovinBunster Fri 13-Jun-14 21:05:17

Steel Panthers were on Professional Twat Grimshaw's show yesterday. Child & I were in hysterics during school run.
R1 not the same since Moyles & Whiley left.

Canthisonebeused Fri 13-Jun-14 21:08:13

That was hilarious. screw you Justin beeber...I've been singing that all day

StrawberryMoose Fri 13-Jun-14 21:13:33

Scott Mills isn't exactly young or cool. smile

ChineseFireball Fri 13-Jun-14 21:21:47

You're absolutely right, Strawberry. Inverted commas fail! I'd forgotten about him though. Is he still on there? I've defected to radio 2...

StrawberryMoose Fri 13-Jun-14 21:28:17

Unfortunately he is still on Chinese, although I'm sure he's biding his time! I'm more radio 2 these days also, love a bit of Ken Bruce and Simon Mayo! smile

ChineseFireball Fri 13-Jun-14 21:36:21

Hah yes! Confessions is brilliant! And Steve Wright (in the afternoon) is just how I remember him! No 4DJ song, though... (that was Steve Wright, wasn't it? Not Mark & Lard?)

Backtobedlam Fri 13-Jun-14 21:59:39

I love Scott Mills-much funnier than Moyles and not totally up himself either.

LadyWithLapdog Fri 13-Jun-14 22:40:33

I like Grimmy, he's cheerful and not too shouty. I liked this week's rock on R1.

Pobblewhohasnotoes Fri 13-Jun-14 22:48:52

I like Scott Mills, much better than Fearne 'I'm so cool' Cotton with her man laugh.

FunkyBoldRibena Fri 13-Jun-14 22:53:40

4DJ song was Chris Evans.

And I'd expect if Scott mills is doing a football commentary it is supposed to be crap. That's the point.

i miss chris sad
and dave sad
and aled sad
and dom sad

i am radio whore every morning now grin

CallerIDBingo Fri 13-Jun-14 23:16:10

What I can't understand is they BBC Trust is obsessed with R1 chasing a younger audience, yet during the NixTape this morning Grimmy and a very loud (still drunk from last night?) Zane Lowe played Spice Up Your Life (1997) and Incredible - M Beat ft General Levy (1994).

Great songs of my teenage years, but kids in school and most in college (who they're supposed to be aiming at) weren't even born when these were out!

I like Radio 1 but they're fooling themselves if they think they're down with the kids grin

gingee Sat 14-Jun-14 00:22:22

I like grimy in the mornings. I find his interactions with big schlebrities v amusing

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now