Neighbours have tv outside, watching fucking World Cup and ROARING. Agggghhhhh!

(69 Posts)
MintyChops Thu 12-Jun-14 23:11:42

Just that really. It's like a big, noisy party, they have a small gazebo thing set up so they are going to likely do this for other matches and they are drinking and literally roaring at the tv which is turned up pretty loud. It's a city street, terraced houses and this is so loud. Match is over and now they are settling in to drink. It's just the first night of the bloody World Cup and if this goes on for the whole month I am going to go round and kill them all - AIBU?

caruthers Thu 12-Jun-14 23:14:05

I'm making curry for the England game and have invited the neighbours round for beer and food.

I know it's 11 pm at night but we only have 2 sets of neighbours so the 30+ amount of people making a racket shouldn't upset anyone smile

Dubjackeen Thu 12-Jun-14 23:14:37

No, YANBU I'd hate that!

MintyChops Thu 12-Jun-14 23:17:44

Carithers this is totally different, it's a really built-up area, we are in Ireland so it's not even a sort of "home team" special night so I am dreading that is it just going to be every sodding match.

Good luck to the England team though!

RedLorryYellowLorryToo Thu 12-Jun-14 23:19:00

No YADNBU we have the same issue here. Don't mind it for the weekend/ England matches but not mid week (I know what a killjoy grin )

DH gets up for work at 4.45 and next door is still outside. No idea when they will finish

caruthers Thu 12-Jun-14 23:19:21

MintyChops it's a little bit too much in your situation.

And yes it would annoy me when it's this late in a built up area.

foolishpeach Thu 12-Jun-14 23:19:32

YANBU.

I would be plotting their demise too.

MintyChops Thu 12-Jun-14 23:23:25

Fucking fuckers. I hope it rains and they get electrocuted.

SnotandBothered Thu 12-Jun-14 23:27:08

Minty. If there was a like button, I would click it. YY to fucking fuckers grin

MintyChops Thu 12-Jun-14 23:33:03

Thanks Snot!! It came straight from my irritated heart....

Notcontent Thu 12-Jun-14 23:38:07

That's incredibly inconsiderate. But some people just don't care...

RedPony Fri 13-Jun-14 00:11:03

I would be annoyed too! Isn't Saturdays game a really late kick off too?
You should get one of those universal remote controls and keep hanging the chanel while they are watching it grin

MintyChops Fri 13-Jun-14 15:13:53

Love the universal remote control idea RedPony, that or a bazooka.....

RingleaderOfTheTormentors Fri 13-Jun-14 15:54:31

Just had a lightbulb moment as to why MY neighbours were out drinking, shrieking and shouting last night.

Oh God.

HOW long does it go on for?!

dripty Fri 13-Jun-14 15:59:23

Still, only 4 weeks to gohmm
You have my sympathies

Topseyt Fri 13-Jun-14 15:59:32

You need one of those vuvuzelas (is that the right spelling) that they had in the last World Cup. Very loud noise and nothing else. Blow that throughout the match, and that should annoy them and give them a taste of their own medicine.

KingJoffreysBloodshotEye Fri 13-Jun-14 16:00:39

You can download a TV control to your phone.

Just keep turning it off.

dripty Fri 13-Jun-14 16:00:41

You say the TV is outside?
Pray for rain.

Rideronthestorm Fri 13-Jun-14 16:01:22

Grenade?

BeCool Fri 13-Jun-14 16:05:14

This is why rain at night is the very best thing in the summer.

My inner city block of flats (London) backs onto a terrace of houses and several of these love to spend all night screaming at each other in their gardens. It's difficult to know the numbers of the house/garden and sometimes I've really wanted to call the noise people but haven't been able too. It's not uncommon to go on until 2-3-4 am.

This weekend I am buying some of that large chunky chalk and marking the back of their garden walls (I've been figuring it out slowly) with their street numbers in very large numbers. Then, I or my neighbours can call and complain at midnight.

But I'd rather it just rained every night - good for noise control & good for the plants.

caruthers Fri 13-Jun-14 16:10:24

Holland V Spain tonight OP.

I'm wishing you a bit of rain.

YouTheCat Fri 13-Jun-14 16:12:50

Borrow one of Boris Johnson's water cannons.

fluffyraggies Fri 13-Jun-14 16:17:44

Please please download the remote control thing and keep turning the telly off if they do it again grin

Cant think of anything more wickedly fun than watching them all keep checking the telly for faults having been noisy ignorant fuckers and kept you awake at night.

StillFrigginRexManningDay Fri 13-Jun-14 16:22:54

The remote thing is brilliant. And now I am pretty sure Minty is my neighbour as my neighbours had a tv outside under a gazebo confused .

AnnaLegovah Fri 13-Jun-14 16:25:20

We had the same problem last night. It's going to be awful tomorrow - and I love watching the football. A whole month of this will be stressful.

Where do you find the remote control thing? wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now