To hate seeing men go around topless.

(147 Posts)
ICanSeeTheSun Sat 07-Jun-14 14:52:11

If a women walked around with no top on I suspect she would get arrested for indecent exposer.

So why can men go around without a vest or t-shirt on.

phantomnamechanger Sat 07-Jun-14 14:53:37

They put signs up in our Tesco last year saying men could not go topless.

can't remember the exact wording, probably elf n safety was quoted though!

MrsItsNoworNotatAll Sat 07-Jun-14 14:57:49

For me it depends where I am. Supermarkets, shops,playground I tend to think ffs! Cover up will you! Even if they are fit! blush

A sunny beach is more appropriate as is your own garden.

I used to work in a shop and on a hot day we regularly had lads coming in shirts and they had this peculiar habit of grazing one of the nipples with their thumbs whilst trying to look like Ten men. Used to make me feel sick.

MrsItsNoworNotatAll Sat 07-Jun-14 14:57:56

For me it depends where I am. Supermarkets, shops,playground I tend to think ffs! Cover up will you! Even if they are fit! blush

I used to work in a shop and on a hot day we regularly had lads coming in shirts and they had this peculiar habit of grazing one of the nipples with their thumbs whilst trying to look like Ten men. Used to make me feel sick.

MrsItsNoworNotatAll Sat 07-Jun-14 14:58:25

MrsItsNoworNotatAll Sat 07-Jun-14 14:59:04

So much I posted twice. Stupid phone!

MrsItsNoworNotatAll Sat 07-Jun-14 15:00:36

Oh three times blush

goes away

MrsKCastle Sat 07-Jun-14 15:01:04

Yanbu. Fine on the beach, or sunbathing somewhere like a park. But not when just walking around in the street or whatever.

I agree with you 100%, OP.

Half the men in my area have bigger tits than I do. I know this due to their fondness for whipping them whenever there's even a threat of sunshine.

So why is it ok for them to expose their ginormous mammaries yet women would be arrested for the same?? angry

ICanSeeTheSun Sat 07-Jun-14 15:09:16

Beach and sunbathing fine.

Walking the streets or shopping and every day thing is what I am on about, seeing fathers on the school run with just shorts and flip flops is no on.

ICanSeeTheSun Sat 07-Jun-14 15:10:35

My sister has no bust at all 34a in size, but even she would get in trouble if she went topless.

Stinkle Sat 07-Jun-14 15:10:39

YANBU

I'll never understand what it is about some men and their need to remove their top at the smallest glimpse of sunshine.

It's sunny but not particularly warm here today, half naked men all over the place

Madlizzy Sat 07-Jun-14 15:12:59

I agree. Even the buffest bloke shouldn't whip his top off at the first hint of sun. Put your bloody clothes back on! It's worse when they've also got one hand down their shorts.

picnicbasketcase Sat 07-Jun-14 15:13:03

Totally agree. Completely weird double standard. Big wobbly hairy belly and man boobs = fine, actual breasts = offensive hmm

SanityClause Sat 07-Jun-14 15:16:00

YANBU!

I blimmin' well hate this!

I have to say, though, I see lots of poorly dressed women at the first hint of sunshine, as well, with bra straps completely on show (including the backs) and other crimes against fashion.

I think, TBH, the UK in general, does not do sunny weather very well.

Sicaq Sat 07-Jun-14 15:19:53

A male friend of mine thinks that men who do this are attempting to dominate the public space - whatever it is - as their territory. Behaving exactly as you would in your private space.

PrincessBabyCat Sat 07-Jun-14 15:20:02

We have topless laws here where everyone can legally be topless (at least in my state). 99.99% of women choose to still wear a shirt, I'm sure it would be the same in the UK if it was legal.

That said, my personal opinion is if it fits in a bra it should be covered, and that goes for both men and women. I don't want to see woman boobs and I especially don't want to see man boobs.

Leviticus Sat 07-Jun-14 15:22:00

A woman is free to go topless if she so wishes. Indecent exposure in law refers to the genitals only, so it's actually a difficult crime for even a naked woman to commit.

Knock yourself out!

kinkymouse Sat 07-Jun-14 15:29:21

My FIL is shaped like a mister man and at the slightest eiff of sun he is down to his tidy whities. Just yuk. The first time I met him he was dressed like this. He will now pop on a t shirt to eat since we have teenage girls who probably don't hide their queasiness quite as well as I did.

caruthers Sat 07-Jun-14 15:30:12

To be perfectly honest I don't think it would be men in general that complained about women if they exposed their breasts in a supermarket smile

Ah yes, sunny weather...when overweight men with bigger tits than me wobble about the shops, dripping sweat and dropping chest hair over the fruit, get increasingly sun burnt in public. I'd rather they covered uphmm

A woman is free to go topless if she so wishes. Indecent exposure in law refers to the genitals only, so it's actually a difficult crime for even a naked woman to commit.

Are you shure? shock

I do not want to test this theory and end up with previous. I need Enhanced Disclosure for work.

Staywithme Sun 08-Jun-14 00:48:26

I do not want to test this theory and end up with previous. I need Enhanced Disclosure for work.

grin Pumpkin!

I would need an enhanced bust!

Flies, Wasps, BO and People Without Adequate Clothing.

My Pet Hates of Summer.

YY , I loathe the topless bloke explosion in Summer because frankly most of them shouldn't.

Last summer there was a man at the bus-stop every day topless -and though he had a T-Shirt to put on and he was quite fit, it did make me feel <<bleurgh>>

And the number of patients I visit at home who are wandering about in just a pair of shorts - or worse boxers- and think I'm unreasonable when I ask them to put a top on.

confused

PricillaQueenOfTheDessert Sun 08-Jun-14 01:24:03

Oh I so get this... at our allotment there are loads of old blokes walking around topless, beer bellies and saggy moobs on show. The younger guys who I wouldn't mind seeing with their tops off are all wearing vests and tshirts. There is also one gorgeous yummy mummy who wears a bikini top envy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now