Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

to have brought a lovely evening gown because it was on sale but not to have a lovely evening event to go to (yet)

(53 Posts)
kim147 Fri 06-Jun-14 21:07:41

It's lovely and a very good deal.
But I really need a posh evening event to wear it at - and that's not going to happen.

How do I get to a posh evening do to wear it? I don't want it to hang in my wardrobe forever grin

RaspberryRuffle Sat 07-Jun-14 15:00:35

You are being very very reasonable. I've done this before much to DH's dismay with dresses that I fell in love with. I have 3 dresses still unworn but they were super duper bargains and I will wear them, maybe apart from the 1 I will seriously never fit into which I bought as a pick me up after being ill and having lost a lot of weight.
Enjoy wearing your dress OP.

kim147 Sat 07-Jun-14 15:03:28

So I have the dress. But no one to go anywhere with. Looks like I will have to organise something. Like I said - I need to organise an event for my social group.

How would I make it a charity event? Maybe make an auction of promises?

Shockers Sat 07-Jun-14 15:45:25

Are you on the PTFA? Ours holds a summer ball every year.

Can you describe the dress... I want to imagine it smile.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now