To not want to watch someone vomiting on TV while I eat my tea?

(33 Posts)
LittleMisslikestobebythesea Fri 06-Jun-14 10:14:43

Last nights Enders had someone throwing up in it. This is before 8pm so not an unreasonable time to eat my tea.

Yes I am pathetic grin I can't help having a weak stomach and a strong gag reflex!

I just don't think its necessary, you can imply it with showing it.

<gets coat and waits to be passed a grip>.

halecromp Fri 06-Jun-14 10:24:50

YANBU I am in total agreement.

YoureBeingASillyBilly Fri 06-Jun-14 10:26:42

Who was it? I watched EE last night but dont remember this bit.

Sorry it ruined your tea!

BuzzardBird Fri 06-Jun-14 10:29:19

You were eating your 'tea' in front of the TV?! <faints> grin

SantasLittleMonkeyButler Fri 06-Jun-14 10:32:54

YANBU. Seeing someone vomit - whether in real life or on TV - makes me feel incredibly nauseous myself. I wouldn't want to see it while eating my tea either!

Mrsjayy Fri 06-Jun-14 10:40:35

I hate vommiting on telly especially if it splatters I once heaved while eating my tea when come dine with me was on somebody threw up their scallops

Mrsjayy Fri 06-Jun-14 10:41:27

The sistervof shirley she was drunk and threwup on her girlfriend

Lauren83 Fri 06-Jun-14 10:44:35

I hate this on tv, I have emetophobia (fear of vomiting) and gratuitous vomiting scenes cause me no end of anxiety, its a minefield out there

I did have 3 years of therapy and im better than I was but still...

YoureBeingASillyBilly Fri 06-Jun-14 10:45:41

Oh tina! I remember the aftermath with the girlfirend sulking in the pub but didnt see the vomitting <thank goodness>

Mrsjayy Fri 06-Jun-14 10:46:45

My husband has that lauren I couldnt watch casualty if he was is least you know vomit is going to be in that

Mrsjayy Fri 06-Jun-14 10:47:31

Oh is that her name I couldnt remember

Lauren83 Fri 06-Jun-14 11:20:49

Horrible phobia, part of the therapy was watching videos Mrsjayy so I'm not too bad now with pretend vomiting in soaps etc but with real stuff like reality or hospital shows I can't do it

Yuck, yanbu. Tbh the vomiting really wouldn't bother me, what used to was the fucking pedegg adverts. Especially if I was eating something with Parmesan on it. [shudders]

Mrsjayy Fri 06-Jun-14 11:24:35

Oh that sounds grim least you are better than you were, dh had a stomach bug a few weeks ago and the thought of being sick made him worse

Mrsjayy Fri 06-Jun-14 11:26:51

Oh god im foot phobic pedegg is stuff of nightmares and curanail urgh itv 2 was sponsored by corn plastersfor a while I had to switch over at evety advert

Oh yes, that bloody curanail advert, I used to switch over too, it was too much.

Lauren83 Fri 06-Jun-14 12:03:31

Bet it was horrible for him, luckily I haven't been sick since I was 9, I'm 30 now!

GoblinLittleOwl Fri 06-Jun-14 12:08:27

Try turning the television off while you eat a meal?

YoureBeingASillyBilly Fri 06-Jun-14 12:26:41

Try turning the television off while you eat a meal?

Why?

Mrsjayy Fri 06-Jun-14 12:43:02

Wasnt great Lauren hes never sick usually

Mrsjayy Fri 06-Jun-14 12:43:54

Even in animation form feet and yellow nails are ming ing

Artandco Fri 06-Jun-14 12:45:06

Turn TV off? How can it be relaxing to eat on sofa? Spilling food, controlling kids food etc.

My white sofa would be orange!

YoureBeingASillyBilly Fri 06-Jun-14 12:47:54

Friday night is always sofa night for us (and always has been from i was a child.) my dcs have been doing it since they were babies and no orange sofa's. trick is to have food that arent spillable or stain likely.

LittleMisslikestobebythesea Fri 06-Jun-14 13:07:43

Our table is in the lounge by the way (tiny kitchen, but big lounge) but occasionally eat on the sofa (leather so easily wipe able, and laminate floor!)

Yes I can't stand the ped egg advert either. I once knocked my MIL's off the shower tray by mistake, it opened up and all the skin came out. I feel ill just thinking about it!

Mrsjayy Fri 06-Jun-14 13:29:16

Oh god foot shavings shudder

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now