To ask you to talk me round

(19 Posts)
Busymumto3dc Fri 06-Jun-14 09:37:11

I am suffering serious bump envy!

Everyone around me seems to be pregnant. I would love a 4th but dp says no. I understand why. It's not practical, not enough space etc. We are so lucky to have 3 happy healthy dc. We are getting married next year and I wouldn't want to be pregnant for that.

But newborns and lovely bumps make me green

MagicMojito Fri 06-Jun-14 09:43:41

Well its actually abit shit if it makes you feel better? grin
One week overdue. Bump stretch marked to fuck, itchy and very uncomfortable.

Enjoy your freedom!

FreudiansSlipper Fri 06-Jun-14 09:46:27

the world is over crowded as it is so you are being responsible mot having anymore

maybe find a hobby or study something else that interests you

you will be a granny one day and have lots of baby cuddles and still have a good nights sleep

Busymumto3dc Fri 06-Jun-14 09:51:13

I hope to not be being a granny for at least 14+ years lol that's a long time to wait!

Bardette Fri 06-Jun-14 09:56:11

I know what you mean, and dd is only 4 months old! Bumps aplenty on the school run, they seem much more noticeable now the sun's out.
But you'd probably feel the same after dc4 was born, and after dc5.... And what if it was twins? That would scupper the wedding plans.

Busymumto3dc Fri 06-Jun-14 09:59:57

Twins

Yikes

My youngest is 14 months and still quite a baby tbh

I need a slap

PotOfYoghurt Fri 06-Jun-14 10:08:24

moonbump.com

The answer to all your problems op!

grin

Busymumto3dc Fri 06-Jun-14 10:14:05

Oh

That's odd

Haha

Teabiscuits Fri 06-Jun-14 10:20:27

We were going to stop at 3, but after a contraception fail (definitely not our fault may I add!) we are expecting our fourth. It's a bit of a nightmare tbh - we are having to get a new car, need to move house, as well as having another new born to cope with!

Don't get me wrong, now we are over the shock this baby is very.much wanted - but think about the bigger picture! Babies are lovely, but they don't stay babies for long.

Busymumto3dc Fri 06-Jun-14 10:24:10

Oh yes

The thought of 3 teens scares me

lljkk Fri 06-Jun-14 11:06:00

Just one word for you: Heartburn.

Barely had it with pregnancies 1-3. OMG 4 solid months in Pregnancy Number 4.

Busymumto3dc Fri 06-Jun-14 11:08:05

I had heartburn with all 3 already!

I might focus on piles

IwinIwin Fri 06-Jun-14 12:21:53

Think about all the downsides to pregnancy? Raging out of control nipples? not being able to drink, eat lots of seafood? thrush? piles? etc etc smile

Waltonswatcher1 Fri 06-Jun-14 13:04:02

Do it op- you get to wear really comfy big pants again !

ILovedYouYesterday Fri 06-Jun-14 13:16:49

I suffered serious bump/newborn envy for years! Like you, I would have loved a fourth fifth, sixth but was lucky to push DH to three tbh!

However, I did find toddlers bloody hard work (way too much energy for their own good imho!) so, once I'd had an envious drool, I used to remind myself how quickly those adorable teeny tiny babies turn into toddlers and I'd be OK again!

Teenagers are great grin and I also now have a young adult (how the heck did that happen, I only brought him home in his little car seat yesterday!) and he's fab too!

I do hope I get to be a Granny and enjoy lots of baby snuggles without the sleepless nights!

Busymumto3dc Fri 06-Jun-14 13:20:29

It's good to know others have come through the other side of this!

ShineSmile Fri 06-Jun-14 13:29:24

My DD is 12 months and still wakes up every hour at night! You can end up with a baby like that it is so so so exhausting! hmm

chocolateorangeyum Fri 06-Jun-14 14:58:34

Getting a puppy worked for me!

wobblyweebles Fri 06-Jun-14 15:13:19

In case personal experience helps... I have three elementary/middle schoolers now and it is lovely. I'm really glad I stopped when I did. They're great ages for doing stuff together, and I can just about keep up with all of their sports, hobbies, etc. Throwing a fourth into the mix would have pushed me off the cliff edge...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now