Do I mention this.

(57 Posts)
wakeupandsmellthecoffee Tue 03-Jun-14 21:35:32

Long story .I work in a school .A friend was in school over half term .A holiday club is run from the school building but is an independent company
Friend saw one of the children that she knows attends school returning too the club at lunchtime in a club staff members car .
She was worried about insurance and this child has certain special needs that can make him controlling .She mentioned this to me at lunchtime today.
I asked child about half term this morning and what he had been up to .He mentioned holiday club .I asked if he enjoyed it and what sort of things they do there.
He said it was good and that he went to a local shop with so and so to pick something up .I said oh does mum know he said no but it was ok as they were her friend .I said oh ok .
Now with my friend mentioning it and asking does she need to do anything I'm asking wise mumsnetters what they think .

A . it's holiday club so not schools business.
B .It just dosnt sit right with me as in what if something happened while they are out 're car .
C .Not my business.
So do I need to do anything or not Help please advice me .TIA

Imsuchamess Fri 06-Jun-14 18:01:23

Glad you reported it.

Valdeeves Fri 06-Jun-14 18:07:48

Anything to do with children that seems odd needs reporting - you were right.

GhoulWithADragonTattoo Fri 06-Jun-14 19:12:07

Well done for reporting it. It sounds as though the manager will investigate it properly.

wakeupandsmellthecoffee Fri 06-Jun-14 19:43:05

She was very cross and thanked me perfusely for telling her .When I mentioned it was a friend of mum's she knew exactly who it was .I do feel lots better for passing this on .

BrianTheMole Fri 06-Jun-14 21:30:35

There you go then. Well done op.

LuluJakey1 Fri 06-Jun-14 21:36:49

I think you should report it to the Designated Safeguarding Teacher.

It comes under the whistleblowing policy most schools have in relation to safeguarding. If you have a concern, report it. It is better to be wrong than to have been right and not reported it and a child has been put at risk. It will be dealt with discreetly and closed down if it is unfounded.

LuluJakey1 Fri 06-Jun-14 21:39:02

Oops sorry x post! Well done for reporting it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now