To think Tom Cruise is a really lovely bloke?

(123 Posts)
NickiFury Tue 03-Jun-14 19:26:11

Just seen him on Graham Norton and he's so funny and able to laugh at himself. His co-stars always seem to love him and he just comes across as a thoroughly nice guy. I know he gets a lot of bad press but I am not sure it's all deserved.

Sparklingbrook Tue 03-Jun-14 19:32:19

I have no idea. The Scientology stuff-not sure about all that.

I think he's a controlling weirdo

aquashiv Tue 03-Jun-14 19:36:22

I think he's a bit brain washed ...

steff13 Tue 03-Jun-14 19:37:07

I think he probably is a nice person, and he's very charming. He's said some not-very-nice stuff about people with mental problems, though.

Alliwantisaroomsomewhere Tue 03-Jun-14 19:37:12

smarmy arsehole. him, not you.

threepiecesuite Tue 03-Jun-14 19:37:40

I think he's a weirdo too. I'm sure his ex wives would agree. Nicole's joyous divorce skipping nailed it for me.

He has more than a touch of little - man syndrome too.

mumtosome61 Tue 03-Jun-14 19:39:21

I've never had a beef with him; he always seems pleasant and eager to please. Would I date him? No.

SirChenjin Tue 03-Jun-14 19:40:06

I have a massive crush on Tom Cruise which has been pretty much constant since Top Gun - but the Scientology stuff lets him down big time.

Cocolepew Tue 03-Jun-14 19:40:36

I think he's a robot.

SaucyJack Tue 03-Jun-14 19:42:36

Was just gonna say the same about Katie Holmes suite.

She doesn't look too heartbroken to me.

RigglinJigglin Tue 03-Jun-14 19:43:58

Second the robot theory.

PavlovtheCat Tue 03-Jun-14 19:45:20

of course you are unreasonable, you don't know him. How do you know if this is a media face or not? He might, or might not be a lovely man, or a dick. But you cannot possibly know either way, unless he is actually your friend.

caruthers Tue 03-Jun-14 19:46:17

I think he seems OK.

What I find hilarious is how other religious people call him a weirdo because he is involved in a different cult to them.

NickiFury Tue 03-Jun-14 19:48:47

I didn't say I knew I said I think from what I have seen.

gertiegusset Tue 03-Jun-14 19:49:30

Yeah, he was so kind about Brooke Shields when he said she should have used vitamins for her PND.

Watercolourfootballs Tue 03-Jun-14 19:51:56

Erm.... He's an actor. You will never know what he's really like from a TV appearance.

He may be nice (although 3 ex-wives isn't a great track record) but I'm not sure the Graham Norton show is the best way to judge.

PrincessTheresaofLiechtenstein Tue 03-Jun-14 19:52:41

He has said some cruel and ill informed stuff about depression but I notice it didn't take long for someone to say something stupid about his height hmm

TheWordFactory Tue 03-Jun-14 19:53:13

He always seems too eager to please.

I remember the way he gushed about all his wives, and I quite believed he meant it. Like he thought you just had to be like that.

And then there was an interview with Russel Brand when they'd done a movie together, and he said TC had given him various things, like a yoga mat and stuff.

Another time an interviewer was invited to a party thrown in his honour after KH had left him. The guy was clearly bereft, yet he kept screetching that it was 'the best party EVER' like some demented kid.

It all seemed a bit trying too hard, like he has to be the stand up nice guy all the time.

Pantsmagicpants Tue 03-Jun-14 19:54:20

Tom Cruise is Tom Cruise crazy just be glad it's him not you. ~ Jonathan Coulton

scottishmummy Tue 03-Jun-14 19:54:35

I don't know if he's nice of not.he's a skilled actor adept at adopting many demeanours inc nice

fatlazymummy Tue 03-Jun-14 19:54:36

He does have a certain kind of charisma. That's what being a celebrity is all about really.
Beyond that, there's nothing there, as far as I'm concerned. There's just something 'off ' about him.

scottishmummy Tue 03-Jun-14 19:56:19

Undoubtedly he got it he's a lucrative actor!his name guarantees a hit

BitOutOfPractice Tue 03-Jun-14 19:57:16

I don't like him much either - but then you read about how he spends hours and hours and HOURS on the red carpet talking to fans and signing autographs

The Scientology stuff creeps me out though

And I thought he looked very old - sort of papery - on the GN Show

Sparklingbrook Tue 03-Jun-14 19:57:17

I have not liked a single one his films, especially the cringeworthy Top Gun.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now