To think Ed Sheeran is a whiney old moaner?

(79 Posts)
MrsWinnibago Sun 25-May-14 20:57:51

I think he's terrible! DH loves him and I think he's shocking. I LOVE good folk and any good singer but he's so overrated!

squoosh Sun 25-May-14 21:03:58

I'd say he's more faux-k than folk.

squoosh Sun 25-May-14 21:05:29

Although he did a nice thing recently where he fulfilled an Irish teenage girl's dying wish by singing to her over the phone, literally minutes before she died too. Her family were very grateful.

lemonwelly Sun 25-May-14 21:06:47

I love him! Very talented. Why do you think he is a whiney old moaner?

MrsWinnibago Sun 25-May-14 21:12:39

Squoosh yes totally! I like REAL folk.

lemon because you can't remember ONE melody from his stuff...not one...it's all "Wooooo I love you...you're blah-ha-hind and I wannna...get riiight on...wiithhh yooooooooooo" and it's self indulgent with no depth...just pretence at depth.

I think he's a good singer. Some of his songs are very repetitive, but others are lovely. I think some are sad but in an uplifting sort of way, like Autumn Leaves (played at a friwnd's husbands funeral) and songs like Small Bump or whatever. The older ones, I tend to dislike though.

ohdearitshappeningtome Sun 25-May-14 21:15:14

Go on you tube and search for the nandos song with example !

gringrin

littlewhitebag Sun 25-May-14 21:16:06

Thing is Ed Sheeran is young, not old at all, so he still has time to grow into himself. I think he is great and A Team makes me cry every time i hear it. Very insightful.

MrsWinnibago Sun 25-May-14 21:17:49

Oh alright he's a Whiney Young Moaner! He's always sharp too...when he does his "Woooos" they're sharp! Ear hurting!

TheBogQueen Sun 25-May-14 21:24:09

Bloody bedwetter

lemonwelly Sun 25-May-14 21:24:35

Maybe I have just got used to it, as ds16 is his biggest fan. My ds sings and plays the guitar too.

BerryMojito Sun 25-May-14 21:25:43

YABcompletelyU! He is a very talented singer songwriter. Have you actually listened to the lyrics of his songs? He is very perceptive and critical of the problems in society for someone so young. According to DD, who has met him on several occasions, he is also very genuine! We are fans in this household.

RedPony Sun 25-May-14 21:26:12

Yabu! Ed sheeran is awesome smile

I think he is an extremely talented musician, and very clever lyricist. I don't like his music much, but I would never deny the skill.

squoosh Sun 25-May-14 21:31:51

He always has this expression of suppressed joy on his face. Bet it's because he can't believe all the hot women who probably queue up to talk to him. Fair to say his sexual currency has increased!

I quite like him.

SirChenjin Sun 25-May-14 21:38:26

Oh god YES - hate hate hate the whiney singing and hammering on the guitar that he does.

NCFTTB Sun 25-May-14 21:40:22

I love that sing song. I think it'll be number one when it's released.

nenehooo Sun 25-May-14 21:41:57

I don't think I've ever replied to an AIBU before, but I have to disagree with you. In my opinion, he is one of the most talented people I have ever seen - he is incredible live. Just him, his guitar and a loop pedal - so clever. He's never going to appeal to everyone, but you can't deny his talent. And how refreshing to see a guy who has made it on talent and sheer determination as opposed to looks and luck?! I would also argue that he's pitch perfect...

EvansOvalPiesYumYum Sun 25-May-14 21:42:03

I'm an oldie, and I think he's luffly smile

MrsWinnibago Sun 25-May-14 21:42:32

I LOVE a good singer songwriter with a guitar. A good one! He's definetely a talented musician...and he can write a song...but it just doesn't work when it's all put together.

antimatter Sun 25-May-14 21:46:23

I took my kids to his concert and what a showman he is. His concert was very dynamic and he sang many songs in a very different way from what they are on his album. I am looking forward to his next one.

I think he is very talented and hard working. I hope he keeps writing because there aren't that many singers & songwriters who last.

Cocolepew Sun 25-May-14 21:51:11

He's not as bad as that Passenger shite.

SirChenjin Sun 25-May-14 21:52:35

That Passenger shite??? shock shock shock

You take that back, you horrid lady

Cocolepew Sun 25-May-14 21:56:42

Whiney shitey Passenger <bold>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now