To be wound up by neighbour?!

(18 Posts)
Mynewone Sun 25-May-14 18:54:39

Will try and keep this as brief as possible.
Moved into house in nov. Next door neighbour (ndn) seemed nice enough an elderly lady lining alone...anyway problems stated around Xmas.
There's a verge in front of both of our houses / another neighbour's visitor parked on it one night and as it was raining it was a bit of a muddy mess. Next few days after that 2 of our visitors got nasty notes left on their cars accusing them of messing the verge (even though they were parked in front of it not on it. We went over and explained the initial mess was caused by someone else's visitor not ours and to pop over if she had any concern rather than write the notes. She didn't stop and wrote more notes sad
In the end we've told all visitors to park no where near the verge to avoid the over dramatic notes.
Fast forward to this weekend there's been a car parked on the whole of the verge like all 4 wheels on it bang in the middle- just seen her waving them off it was her fucking visitor?! wtf she is doing this to make a point? It's worked I'm really wound up but what can I actually do?!

Mynewone Sun 25-May-14 18:55:04

Sorry that was an essay but would really appreciate any advice

Write a note with the exact same thing she wrote to you on it and say you'd appreciate no more notes from her in the future as your visitors were scared to death of parking anywhere near you because of her?

Although in reality i suppose you should just ignore.

Buttercup27 Sun 25-May-14 19:00:19

I would send her a note , with the exact words she has used on previous notes. But I am petty and do hold a grudge. This would really irritate me too.

Bluelining Sun 25-May-14 19:01:53

Be the bigger person and ignore

HennaFlare Sun 25-May-14 19:03:26

Park there to generate a note from her, then keep it. Photocopy it many times and stick a copy on her visitors car every time they park there. A note from her...to her visitor. Up the crazy stakes.

picnicbasketcase Sun 25-May-14 19:04:26

Dear NDN
I was quite confused to see you earlier, waving to your visitor who had been parked directly on the grass verge. I was under the impression that you were completely opposed to anybody doing that. I would be fascinated to see where on your deeds it says that the verge is your property, as you seem to think it can be parked on as long as the vehicle belongs to somebody you know personally. In future I will stop trying to keep you happy and invite everyone and their uncle to park all over it. I assume this won't be a problem.

Yours sincerely

Mynewone Sun 25-May-14 19:04:52

Henna I may actually do that grin

Mynewone Sun 25-May-14 19:05:34

Ohh liking the letter too smile what to do what to do...

wowfudge Sun 25-May-14 19:06:01

Nothing. Honestly, it's just not worth it. Either she's batty or she'll realise now that her visitors have damaged the verge.

That's if you even know she's the note writer? It's not clear how you would know who it is.

You could always say to her, next time you see her, "Have you seen what your visitors have done? We know it's a big concern for you, perhaps you should have a word?"

Seriously - leave it. Life is too short.

KeepingUpAnon Sun 25-May-14 19:11:31

Loving the 'up the crazy stakes'

Although I'd not do a photocopy, I'd keep the actual note and put that on her visitors car.

Mynewone Sun 25-May-14 19:12:57

She signed the notes fudge and we have talked to her directly about the notes so 100% sure it's her

kappadelta Sun 25-May-14 19:13:49

There is no reasoning with some people. Rise above it OP.

Smo2 Sun 25-May-14 19:16:29

Once a crazy old lady hammered my door down at 5.30am and then when I opened it shot in screaming at me, as I'd hooked up a plant in my garden onto a nail that was already in the fence, in my garden.

Sometimes it's best just to walk away! Lol x

emms1981 Sun 25-May-14 19:17:11

Why can't people just stop being dicks and think of other people for once, what an old cow! My dad and brother live together dad has a drive way, brother past his test ocober before last but can't park on drive way. Next door have 3 cars and park in a way so they always block drive way they know brother has a car because the father made a comment about it (he had seen it at local garrage and think his daughter was after it) anyway a builder knocked here last week and said did dad mind him parking here was he blocking them in and said he had knocked next door and they said don't bother asking as we don't have a car! Fuckers.

iK8 Sun 25-May-14 19:23:21

Just ignore her. What's a note going to do? It can't hurt or harm you confused

Mynewone Sun 25-May-14 19:26:28

I know ik8 it's just a shame really was hoping for normal neighbours the notes have been OTT

iK8 Sun 25-May-14 19:31:46

Things like this can only bother you if you let them. Make a decision not to be bothered. So she is a hypocrite? So she writes a snotty note? So what? Just carry on being nice, normal people and ignore her.

Every time she gets worked up into a state to write a note = her problem.

Take the notes and throw them in the bin. Then get on with your day while she quietly seethes about naff all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now