To have told ds that babies come from a vagina.

(58 Posts)
ICanSeeTheSun Tue 13-May-14 21:50:26

It looks like the wacky stories about babies have hit the playground.

Ds asked me how do babies come out of the mummy's tummy.

I didn't want to lie to him, so I told him.

I am now worried that he will tell his classmates and his teacher will pull me aside.

The stories he was told was quite funny, that babies come out of the belly button and they come up like vomit. Most sensible one which I explained was also correct was they cut open the belly.

m0therofdragons Wed 14-May-14 16:56:04

A mum had a slight go at me fort telling dd1 the truth as she'd told her dd some random nonsense that involved magic lights and fairies!

Dd was 4 when she was talking about it, her twin sisters were born cs so she was talking about how babies get cut out of a mum's tummy and I explained that her sisters did but she came out the normal way and explained a little. She also knows mummy has periods but not much detail. I don't see the point of lying when she asks but at this age I let her prompt things rather than deciding when to explain things. My mum was going to talk to me at 10 about periods which would have been fine if I hadn't started them at 9! Won't let my dd be as scared as I was!

Starlight that first video was so lovely it made me well up (the bit at about 2 minutes where the little boy comes over and says "You're nearly there" and gives his mum a kiss… awwwwww!) and then the second one, with the squawky birth partner and the poo floating around in the pool… back to reality. grin

I've always known that babies came out of a vagina. I'd be a lot more upset if someone (i.e. an adult, not another child) told my child that they didn't!

JustAboutAdeqeuate Wed 14-May-14 16:59:54

Bloody hell, couldn't they have fished the poo out? The bath tub in the second video doesn't look anywhere near deep enough to be comfortable.

33 weeks here and wishing fairies and magic lights would do the trick confused

DangoDays Wed 14-May-14 17:00:56

Ds (3) asked me how his baby brother got out.
Me - out of my vagina
Ds - isn't that a bit yucky.
Me - Yeah...

My 6 year old knows there's a stretchy tunnel where babies come out. Despite being a nosey little beggar she's only ever asked how they get out, never how they get in even when I was expecting dd2. I'd steered away a bit from programmes like OBEM because they're a bit screamy and she's a worrier but she sat through an ep of Call the Midwife the other week which had a fair bit of screaming and she just asked if it hurt so I said it mostly does but you don't really mind because it's worth it and she was happy with that.

I'm still waiting for any other questions.

Hey, where did the bike come from?

ThisFenceIsComfy Wed 14-May-14 18:00:55

When my DSC asked where their brother was going to come out from, I said he grew in me and then he'd come out of my hooha. Why lie? For what end? In the end I had a caesarean so I told them that the doctor cut him out. Neither are emotionally scarred at all.

SlimJiminy Wed 14-May-14 18:49:14

YANBU. Magic lights and fairies indeed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now