To join fat club or put gastric surgery on the credit card?

(79 Posts)
AtYourCervix Tue 13-May-14 17:25:22

I am fat. Very fat. Much fatter than anyone should be.

I've tried everything and failed miserably. I am a miserable fat failure.

So. The option.

1. Fat club.

2. Surgery.

I did sw fat club about a hundred years ago and lost a few stone but over the last 9 years it's steadily piled back on plus more.

I have an hour to convince myself.

JsOtherHalf Tue 13-May-14 20:42:46

I have been doing 5:2 for a few months, and have dropped a dress size. I am a similar size.

Worth considering?

MooseyMouse Tue 13-May-14 21:07:42

I'll join you. I need to lose some weight.

MistressDeeCee Tue 13-May-14 22:44:51

Size 20, OP? Thought you were going to say bigger than that!! I hope you take all the good advice on this thread. Don't do the surgery without trying your best at fat club first. I am not so overweight but do put on weight easily. Im crap with food. I ate little and often, used dumbells and mini-trampoline at home I wont do anything that impacts on my joints. Being able to exercise whilst watching tv really helped me. As well as 15 min exercise segments on youtube. Absolute godsend. What about finding a fellow friend or MNetter who also wants to diet? you can do it

trixymalixy Tue 13-May-14 23:08:38

My sister lost 8 stone through gastric band hypnotherapy. She's kept it all off for must be 2 years now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now