I think somebody rather SEEDILY have pranked my garden.

(37 Posts)
QuintessentiallyQS Mon 12-May-14 07:51:23

My border at the bottom of the garden, is a mess of knee height wild flowers. They are not even pretty wildflowers, they are all leaf and tiny little yellow blooms, that have already finished. I know I have not planted them. I think somebody must have tipped out a wildflower seed pack in my garden. That spot is normally a bit bare this time of year, as I have tall bulbs coming up, and Agapanthus which are not blooming yet. They are going to be drowning!

Good grief I hate ripping up flowers. sad

eurochick Mon 12-May-14 07:54:55

Could it be birdseed?

QuintessentiallyQS Mon 12-May-14 07:56:13

Blimey. We do have a bird table, but it is 2 meters away, and there is nothing just underneath.

wild flowers, blown by the wind, carried by birds, self seeded. lucky you

QuintessentiallyQS Mon 12-May-14 08:21:39

I appreciate the sentiment. But they are not nice.

I am not sure that I am happy ripping out something nature has provided for me.

CoilRegret Mon 12-May-14 08:24:21

Wait to see if tulips come up spelling the word 'cunt'. If so, you've pissed off the neighbourhood gardening association with your ugly bare patch ;)

FunkyBoldRibena Mon 12-May-14 08:25:09

Agapanthus and other bulbs will be fine amongst the wild flowers. You don't have to rip them up at all.

mistlethrush Mon 12-May-14 08:36:24

Have you got a picture of them - perhaps we could work out what they are?

Normalisavariantofcrazy Mon 12-May-14 09:06:47

Sounds like self set weeds. Our garden was, until the tulips finished, a pretty mess of gorgeous tulips, weeds and long grass.

Glad the tulips have all finished now and can't wait to attack it with the strimmer!

Preciousbane Mon 12-May-14 09:26:54

I have a self seeded budlea and also another tree, they are about 20 foot high now. They have provided free screening at the very end of my garden so I'm very pleased.

QuintessentiallyQS Mon 12-May-14 09:27:35

I will go and take a picture.

I will feel very hurt if I have been bulbously "cunted" - I am not aware of having done anything nasty to my neighbours, or their hedges!

FruVikingessOla Mon 12-May-14 09:29:11

Are the buttercups? There are loads in bloom round here at the moment.

FruVikingessOla Mon 12-May-14 09:29:56

they

QuintessentiallyQS Mon 12-May-14 09:33:30

They actually look like they could be buttercup, but with very small cups!

LuisSuarezTeeth Mon 12-May-14 09:46:30

bulbously "cunted" grin

Sounds like something I have as well Quint, need a pic though

KissesBreakingWave Mon 12-May-14 10:07:22

I'm going to essay a wild gues and say self-seeded rape. I have no idea what's caused it, but the stuff is bloody EVERYWHERE this year; road verges, the lot. It's pretty and it smells lovely. It's like someone got in a helicopter and just scattered it from high altitude.

5Foot5 Mon 12-May-14 13:22:03

Oh I was hoping this was a case of something rude spelt out.

Would love to sow the word TWAT in something colourful on my neighbours lawn but he would probably guess who did it.

NigellasDealer Mon 12-May-14 13:25:28

are you sure it's not ragwort?

NigellasDealer Mon 12-May-14 13:26:56
LettertoHerms Mon 12-May-14 13:28:09

Gosh I remember that thread where the suggestion of twat bulbing came up, ever since I've been sorely tempted.

and I was hoping it happened to you when I saw the thread title

spiderlight Mon 12-May-14 13:32:42

Are they lesser celandine?

Almostfifty Mon 12-May-14 13:34:05

That's what I was going to ask spiderlight, if it is it will die off quite soon.

QuintessentiallyQS Mon 12-May-14 14:23:49

Well, they are not buttercup, and they are not rapeseed.

QuintessentiallyQS Mon 12-May-14 14:24:39

Here they are, the leaves are dark green, and the bloom rather "incognito".

FruVikingessOla Tue 13-May-14 07:54:51

I don't know much about gardening, but that looks a bit like a strawberry plant. Could it be a wild strawberry?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now