to want to twat my mil over the head?

(79 Posts)
TuckingFablet Sun 11-May-14 15:52:52

She made a lovely roast beef dinner and then proceeded to not only hold her knife wrong, but also used a spoon. A fucking spoon to shovel it into her mouth.

ugh. took her about 5 minutes to eat the mountains of food as well.

BitterAndOnlySlightlyTwisted Sun 11-May-14 15:57:35

Not unreasonable at all. When I rule the world holding your knife incorrectly will be a shooting offence.

Are you saying that the savage used a spoon instead of the so boringly conventional fork? What is she, a toddler and was she wearing a bib as well?

Chippednailvarnish Sun 11-May-14 15:58:36

Grim.

Can you not get your DC's to "innocently" comment that you have to use a knife and fork or it will look like you eat like a pig?

TuckingFablet Sun 11-May-14 15:59:01

she tucked a tea towel into her top hmm used a fork but only to help stuff get on the shovel spoon

TuckingFablet Sun 11-May-14 15:59:52

dd is only 5 months old. not sure she can comment grin

Urgh, that would put me right of my dinner sad

wowfudge Sun 11-May-14 16:02:51

Ugh - sounds very odd really. Has she always done this? Does she have something like arthritis and finds it easier to use a spoon? I'm clutching at straws. What did your DH think?

VashtaNerada Sun 11-May-14 16:05:25

Sorry OP but if she cooked it, she can eat it from a trough in my book! YABU.

CoffeeTea103 Sun 11-May-14 16:05:58

Yabu you sound horrible.

phantomnamechanger Sun 11-May-14 16:08:46

she made the dinner? at her house? and you were invited? and all you can do is bitch about her? well, aren't you lovely!

why not just decline future invitations?

TuckingFablet Sun 11-May-14 16:13:05

She's never done it before so it was a bit odd. confused

softlysoftly Sun 11-May-14 16:14:41

You are not a nice person op

Ok table manners are important but so is kindness and not backstabbing. What are you teaching your DC?

MrsDeVere Sun 11-May-14 16:16:45

If she hasn't done it before I would assume she has a good reason for doing it this time.

BitterAndOnlySlightlyTwisted Sun 11-May-14 16:18:09

The OP is not teaching her child anything. She's having a bitch about it in semi-private. Nothing wrong with that and whole lot wrong with the savage that is her MIL.

Hoppinggreen Sun 11-May-14 16:20:10

Jeez if you cant unreasonably bitch about your mil here then where can you???

MrsDeVere Sun 11-May-14 16:21:51

I am not being po faced but it does seem an odd thing to do if you haven't done it before.

If it was a habit I would be more inclined to say YANBU.

But don't you think there might be a reason?

MrsDeVere Sun 11-May-14 16:23:03

oh and someone will come along and say
'threatening violence towards and old lady, nice'

and do a little sad face for your children.

WorraLiberty Sun 11-May-14 16:24:12

I can't wait to be a MIL

Making a nice roast dinner for my DIL and grandchildren only to be slagged off on the internet for the world to see.

Nice hmm

paxtecum Sun 11-May-14 16:24:47

You obviously don't like her.

I thought all the best people tucked a napkin into their top.

What else don't you like about her?

softlysoftly Sun 11-May-14 16:29:30

No you are all absolutely right as long as the person being ripped into doesn't know about it then it's fine.

Personally can't do it as it makes me feel like a 2 faced bitch but each to their own.

oh and if they are a MIL then it comes with the territory. Just glad I don't have boys really.

MrsDeVere Sun 11-May-14 16:29:55

My DS1 said 'with my luck I will probably marry someone who thinks you are the best person in the world'

I thought 'not going by MN you won't'

grin

softlysoftly Sun 11-May-14 16:36:16

Fat chance Mrs DV accept now that you will at the most be tolerated wink

MrsDeVere Sun 11-May-14 16:39:52

I have FOUR sons.
That is at least four women who will despise me.

I'm lovely.

5Foot5 Sun 11-May-14 16:41:27

When you say "she has never done it before" do you mean she has never invited you round for Sunday dinner before or she has never eaten in this unusual way before?

If the latter then I would assume some good reason

WorraLiberty Sun 11-May-14 16:44:51

I've got 3 sons and if any of them marry someone who thinks it's ok to accept my hospitality and then bitch about me on the internet...I will shove a leg of lamb up their arse sideways.

Watch this space grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now