Facebook!!

(15 Posts)
brokenhearted55a Sun 11-May-14 07:04:08

Sorry posting for traffic.

Dear family friend (I thought) recently added on Facebook.

Sent her photos of us etc.

She just accidentally sent me a fb message meant for a friend.....making. some.sage observations about us all.

I just fired off a message to them curtly. Wish id just let it be and let her see she'd sent that message to me.

Shall I unfriend?

Ohbyethen Sun 11-May-14 07:15:28

Depends what she said and how pissed off you are.

If you aren't that fussed and it's not worth losing the friendship you'd be mad to do so because of AIBU. Allowing her to make an apologetic approach and moving on is perfectly fine. Obviously if she doesn't then she can sod off.

If she's done a real assassination job and you feel nothing she says will fix it. Unfriend and avoid.

What did she say? I mean how bad a level of observation?

brokenhearted55a Sun 11-May-14 07:23:22

She hasn't seen us for years.

So made some huge assumptions.

New baby in the family. ...made a huge assumption that there may not be a man involved when we told them of the marriage years ago. It almost seemed like a sneer.

We have had our scraps like any family and she made comments about she hopes we've all made up....what?! I had a feud with my siblings when we teens / 20's We were kids. Kids fight with siblings.

brokenhearted55a Sun 11-May-14 07:24:28

More stuff but dont want to out her in rl. You never know.

I don't get it

CrispyFern Sun 11-May-14 07:30:14

So you sent a picture not showing your DH and she commented there may not be a man involved to another friend but sent it to you? That's gossip but it isn't really really horrible, is it? She wasn't saying she hates your guts. She was being nosy.

brokenhearted55a Sun 11-May-14 07:34:14

It's not me its about. Its about my sibling whom she knows full well is married and has done for years.

there's other stuff that was said but I dont want to say as it may out me.

Chottie Sun 11-May-14 07:36:27

It has obviously upset you otherwise you would not be posting here.

Life is too short for toxic people, unfriend her and move on. She doesn't sound very friend like and do you really want her commenting in a negative way on every single photo and update you post in the future?

BerniesBurneze Sun 11-May-14 07:44:19

She's awful. Unfriend.

CaptainTripps Sun 11-May-14 15:16:14

Unfriend her like NOW. Very horrible of her. You need to let her know it too and why you have unfriended her.

Also - please don't take this the wrong way but your post is missing too many words. This is intentional I know but when one needs to re-read it four or five times, you know you need fuller sentences (for it to make sense).

brokenhearted55a Sun 11-May-14 17:10:31

Yeah you're right captain. It is very poorly written as I was very flustered when I wrote it. This is a friend of my mum whom ive known since childhood.

Still send each other birthday cards etc.

Got in touch on fb to share family news and she sent a Facebook message to another friend making a some quite unkind observations about us etc.

The words pot kettle black come to mind with regards to her family.

brokenhearted55a Sun 11-May-14 17:12:19

By that i mean her family are hardly as pure as the driven snow but whose is and I wouldnt slag her family off as im not as rude as she is.

ilovesooty Sun 11-May-14 17:38:13

Just unfriend her and tell her you'll not be communicating with her in any form in future, ensuring she knows exactly why.

Life's too short.

IwinIwin Sun 11-May-14 20:11:25

Just unfriend and move on OP but keep a screen cap of the comments.

Lanabelle Sun 11-May-14 20:17:26

Get rid - these people only 'friend' you so they can snoop round your photos and check ins etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now