To be a bit shocked at employers son always walking around house in boxers...

(150 Posts)
KeepOnKeepingOnAndOnAndOnAndOn Fri 09-May-14 18:15:48

I do a bit of part time work for a lady at her house. Twice now I have been working and her 20 year old son has risen from bed and swanned by me in his boxers to go down stairs for his brekky.

AIBU to find this a bit bizarre. I am often about the house and we I haven't worked there years or anything- hence i don't know them well.

I get very uncomfortable at a bloke in his tight tiny boxers and a tshirt strutting about. Am I a prude? I mentioned it to dh and he was raging! Said he would never do this.

CatsCantTwerk Fri 09-May-14 18:50:32

Don't like it? Don't work there!

KeepOnKeepingOnAndOnAndOnAndOn Fri 09-May-14 18:52:02

Catscanttwerk> love the name. I don't dislike it enough to lose the money. I suspected I was being U. It appears I am. I will check myself in future and not be so prudish.

LoveSardines Fri 09-May-14 18:52:10

I dunno. If DH wandered around in his pants while the cleaner was here I would think he was being weird and that it was inappropriate.

Same as I tended to get dressed when the builders were here, even though normally I wander around in much less.

I think if there's someone outside the family in the house, especially someone who is there for work rather than a neighbour or something, the expectation is that people will be dressed, surely?

Fatmanbuttsam Fri 09-May-14 18:52:42

Lol my teenage son wanders around the house in boxers regardless of who is there....am sure his younger brother will start soon.....I request clothes on for meal times and that it

nonmifairidere Fri 09-May-14 18:52:42

If you were a bloke and the teenager a girl wearing a bra and panties, I wonder if the responses would be the same.

ThatBloodyWoman Fri 09-May-14 18:53:00

It's a shame your dh is being like this.

He'll have to get over it if he wants that extra wage coming in.

KeepOnKeepingOnAndOnAndOnAndOn Fri 09-May-14 18:53:51

loves yes I do feel the same. The family are obviously just very liberal and laid back and I am generally! I think I need to relax a little ...

To buck against the tide a little, I think if you feel uncomfortable you're quite within your rights to mention it to your employer. My DSs live in their boxers (as does DH actually - lazy arse) but not when there's other people about. Doesn't matter that that it's their home, they still have to show a bit of consideration to non-family who might not want to see their hairy legs and saggy pants. It's just polite isn't it?

KeepOnKeepingOnAndOnAndOnAndOn Fri 09-May-14 18:55:13

He is 20 years plus ... I am guessin 20. He isn't a teenager.

Nomama Fri 09-May-14 18:55:15

Yes, my response would be the same, nonmifairidere. In her own home, just out of bed. Knickers and tshirt isn't so shocking - that being a better comparison and more likely than knickers and bra - though that wouldn't be the end of the world either!

It's a boy thing. They struggle to grow out of it.

iK8 Fri 09-May-14 18:56:35

I'd be more concerned about your weird repressed husband. What's he overcompensating for?

Lolololo grin

Jengnr Fri 09-May-14 18:57:11

Your problem is your husband, 'he trusts me he just doesn't trust other men' ???? What does he think the other men will do?

He doesn't trust you.

KeepOnKeepingOnAndOnAndOnAndOn Fri 09-May-14 18:58:18

Ik8> what does she mean by that!? I am lost

nomorequotes Fri 09-May-14 19:00:10

"Coo coo catcho Mrs Robinson, jesus loves you more than you will know... wowowo"

AnyFucker Fri 09-May-14 19:00:15

Op, you do realise that "he trusts me, he just doesn't trust other men" is twatspeak for controlling inadequates,, don't you ?

He either trusts you in every situation or he doesn't

TheFairyCaravan Fri 09-May-14 19:02:46

I've got two DSes (19&17) as soon as they come in the house, they lose their trousers and wander round in their 'Calvins'. My brother was the same at their age, if anyone used to come to the door he'd take his glasses off, but wasn't bothered about being seen in his pants!

KeepOnKeepingOnAndOnAndOnAndOn Fri 09-May-14 19:02:51

Anyfucker> ouch! Just, ouch! Jesus go easy on me will you. This post is about my inedequacies - not my hubbies.

KeepOnKeepingOnAndOnAndOnAndOn Fri 09-May-14 19:03:52

I'm in my 20s! I am not mrs Robinson haha

QuizzicalCat Fri 09-May-14 19:12:24

Op if your DH honestly trusts you then he doesn't have to worry about trusting other men... Because they couldn't do anything because YOU wouldn't.

The only person he has to trust is you, because if you said no to every other man on the planet there would be no reason not to trust othr men.

That turn of phrase is grossly offensive to you - he's saying if another man came onto you you wouldn't be able to say no, but it would be their fault not yours because you are just a woman, and men can corrupt you.

If my dh said that to me I wouldn't be blithely repeating it as a reason - I'd be reading him the riot act long and loud.

AnyFucker Fri 09-May-14 19:12:49

You disagree with my assessment then ?

Itsfab Fri 09-May-14 19:13:12

20's? shock.

Maryz Fri 09-May-14 19:14:12

I also have two boxer-wearing sons.

At the moment (7 in the evening, ffs) one is wearing boxers only (just out of shower), the other is wearing boxers and socks hmm

And they want to turn the heating on [baffled]

Artandco Fri 09-May-14 19:18:32

Your in your 20s and have never seen this? And seen shocked by it?

I wouldn't advise coming to my house on a weekend. Dh in boxers only, myself pants and Tshirt and x2 wild toddlers probably running around starkers!

wigglesrock Fri 09-May-14 19:20:07

As wiser posters than me have said : if your husband says he trusts you but not other blokes - he doesn't trust you. It's twat speak for I don't trust you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now