to think my colleague was thoughtless and ruined my lunch?

(446 Posts)
livelifememories Fri 09-May-14 09:52:17

Yesterday the canteen at work was closed so two work colleagues volunteered to drive and pick up lunch (we work in an area where it would take 15 minutes to walk to the nearest cafe and only have half an hour lunch.)

It was decided they would go to KFC and McDonalds. I had spent an hour previously complaining that I had got food poisoning last time I went to KFC. So I ordered from McDonalds and said to my colleague, please just get me the American burger of the week.

My colleague returned back with a Louisiana burger which is a chicken burger! When I said I had been complaining about getting food poisoning from KFC that it was common sense that I wouldn't want a chicken burger.

Their excuse was - they had other peoples lunches to get, I hadn't been specific and that they hadn't really listened when I complained about my food poisoning.

Billygoats Fri 09-May-14 10:01:36

YABU because I had the Louisiana burger yesterday and it was blooming delicious! grin

nethunsreject Fri 09-May-14 10:01:46

Jeez, you do sound rather hard work. Really, this is actually bothering you?!

Pobblewhohasnotoes Fri 09-May-14 10:01:48

But they did get you an American burger, like you asked for!

If you're buying for a group there isn't time to faff around. Go yourself next time.

MyFirstName Fri 09-May-14 10:02:24

Is this a reverse?

HiImBarryScott Fri 09-May-14 10:02:40

So your colleagues listened to you moaning for an hour, offered to drive to get your lunch (maybe to get away from your moaning!?) and bought you exactly what you asked for.

This can only be reverse.

UnderIce Fri 09-May-14 10:02:44

The other colleague who "agreed" with you probably just nodded because you'd beat them into submission with your incessant hour long moaning about KFC.

Go away OP.

ENormaSnob Fri 09-May-14 10:03:57

This has to be a reverse.

They got what you ordered.

Yabvu

IDugUpADiamond Fri 09-May-14 10:04:26

Don't be so ridiculous

ENormaSnob Fri 09-May-14 10:05:13

This has to be a reverse.

They got what you ordered.

Yabvu

Atbeckandcall Fri 09-May-14 10:05:22

I think if I was the nice colleague getting your food for you, after that response I'd offered to go back and get you desired beef burger and mopped up in the loo floor in the gents with the bread bred ore giving it to you.

What an ungrateful attitude you have.

gotnotimeforthat Fri 09-May-14 10:05:47

The louisianna burger is part of the american burger of the week. they got you exactly what you wanted.

getting food poisoining from one restaurant will not mean that all chicken will now make you ill. you had food poisioning not aqn allergic reaction.

YABU

who complains for an hour about food poisioning hmm

CheeryName Fri 09-May-14 10:06:03

Another who thinks this is screaming REVERSE. The chicken-burger-buyer was NBU.

BobPatandIgglePiggle Fri 09-May-14 10:06:18

You sound like a princess

You were ill one time from food from 1 place. That does not mean you can never eat chicken again.

Awaits a thread in 2 years from you moaning after being served chicken at a dinner party

NeedsAsockamnesty Fri 09-May-14 10:06:34

Yabu.

I wouldn't have got you anything if you had made me listen to an hours worth of complaints

Tobagostreet Fri 09-May-14 10:06:51

YABU. If the canteen is closed today, go get your own lunch.

And whilst you're at it, try not to waste an hour of work time moaning about a previous bout of food poisoning. Try to focus on doing some actual work instead.

Forgettable Fri 09-May-14 10:07:03

Discusting

Never speak to your colleagues again

Hah

That will teach 'em

<folds arms>

MrsBungle Fri 09-May-14 10:07:14

Good god. Of course yabu.

iK8 Fri 09-May-14 10:07:16

(.) <- look! There you are at the centre of the universe! Or, is that actually a tit I spy?

skittycat Fri 09-May-14 10:10:17

YABU and also ungrateful.

If I had listened to you going on about food poisoning from KFC I would have just not bought you anything from KFC, it wouldn't occur to me to think you'd sworn off chicken for eternity unless you specifically stated that you didn't want chicken from ANYWHERE ever again.

OfficerVanHalen Fri 09-May-14 10:10:53

How many people were they getting lunch for?

Pobblewhohasnotoes Fri 09-May-14 10:11:10

You don't need to avoid chicken for the rest of your life over one episode of food poisoning.

So your colleague listened to you complain for an hour about KFC. ..so she then weny and got your lunch so you didnt have to walk 15mins...she got you EXACTLY WHAT YOU ASKED FOR from a different fast food establishment then listened to your whinging again?

What. A. Bitch

hmm

TheOriginalSteamingNit Fri 09-May-14 10:12:17

You spent an hour complaining about your food poisoning? How very boring of you.

You are, of course, being unreasonable on a ridiculous scale.

gotnotimeforthat Fri 09-May-14 10:12:33

livelifememories

"No, another colleague agreed with me that it's common sense that if I was no longer could eat KFC because of food poisoning then you wouldn't go out and buy KFC."

1) you CAN eat kfc, its your choice not to. one bout of food poisioning doesn't mean you will get it every time you eat there.

2) " you wouldn't go out and buy KFC " they didnt buy KFC! you had mcdonalds!

therefore your reply was kind of moot.

Clarabum Fri 09-May-14 10:12:46

IK8 HAAAAAA!!!

That's what you get for going there. Food poisoning and a ruined lunch.
Seriously? Is this a joke? That ruined your lunch?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now