to feel just a bit resentful of the world the universe and everything today?

(15 Posts)
listsandbudgets Fri 02-May-14 12:32:14

I'm expecting a new washing machine to be delivered today so took the day off work to wait in for the ludicrous 12 hour time slot of 7am-7pm. As I was going to be all by myself I planned a day of child free work free bliss - invited a friend to lunch, lovely food, lazy TV watching. First day of that sort since last Summer. Woke up really looking forward to my day to be confronted with

Ds - oozing yellow gunge out of his eyes, green snot all over his face and certainly not well enough for nursery.

DD - vomiting violently into a toilet full of diarrhea. Certainly not well enough for school.

So instead of my lovley planned childfree day I've cleaned vomit, endlessly wiped DSs nose and eyes, been climbed on (ds)been whinged at (dd) and had to cancel friend as no wy she will want to be confronted with this.

DPs ony comment "lucky you'd booked hte day off work"

AIBU to feel just a little bit resentful and hard done by?

Andrewofgg Fri 02-May-14 12:33:13

DP is being like Dr Spock. Logical but not reasonable. Tell him to ESAD.

MammaTJ Fri 02-May-14 12:40:21

It's just not fair!!

<stamps feet on OPs behalf>

WyrdByrd Fri 02-May-14 13:36:07

Yanbu - I'd be gutted too.

Hope your DCs are on the mend soon. Can you book another day of 'me time' to make up for they loss of this one?

oldgrandmama Fri 02-May-14 13:53:59

At least your lovely new washing machine is turning up ... er, hope it does!
Seriously, poor you and poor little ones. When shit happens ...it all happens at once.

listsandbudgets Fri 02-May-14 13:55:51

No sign of it yet but jsut got a text to say it will arrive between 2.30 and 6.30pm so at least I know I'm not forgotten

listsandbudgets Fri 02-May-14 13:56:49

and thank you.

I had to look up what ESAD means grin

UnderIce Fri 02-May-14 13:57:31

That's crap. You have my sympathies. And it's EXACTLY what my DH would have said as well. You have shown remarkable restraint in not taking a hammer to his nethers.

ThatBloodyWoman Fri 02-May-14 13:57:36

You'll need that new washing machine by the sounds of it.....

Poor all of you.

listsandbudgets Fri 02-May-14 14:30:18

Horray they've both gone to sleep. I'm sneaking in coffee and a big slab of chocolate while I've got the chance

IdkickJilliansAss Fri 02-May-14 14:36:26

So unfair!!

PrincessBabyCat Fri 02-May-14 15:53:19

sad

listsandbudgets Fri 02-May-14 15:59:26

washing machine just arrived. The delivery guys couldn't have been more pleasant or helpful. They even phoned 20 minutes before they arrived to make sure I'd be in. I was a bit dubious about using Currys as I'd heard some bad things but these guys certainly restored my faith.

DS still leaking green and yellow but DD seems to have stopped vomiting and is lying in an exhausted heap on the sofa

CoffeeTea103 Fri 02-May-14 16:08:55

At least the washing machine actually came! Sorry but your DH comment made me grin.

Suefla62 Fri 02-May-14 17:36:57

I certainly hope DH is picking up a takeout on his way home.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now