To wish DH would just sit down with a beer.

(36 Posts)
ICanSeeTheSun Thu 01-May-14 21:54:29

I have a lovely glass of wine, but he is running around cleaning.

We are going away tomorrow, nobody will be here till Tuesday.

As long as there is no dirty dishes ( we have a dishwasher) the bins are empty and toilet flushed, who actually deep cleans before holidays.

McNickenChuggets Thu 01-May-14 23:11:45

What a lovely thing of your hubby to do! Most ladies would kill for a bloke like that grin

lessonsintightropes Thu 01-May-14 23:13:45

So nice to come back to a clean house, but so rare I get around to it other than a cursory tidy up and straighten for the cat sitter blush I would revel with a glass of wine that it will be so nice on your return (and maybe do your turn when you're back if you're on holiday mode, DH is always grateful when I come home and cook and fuss when he wants to sit down after a long drive).

Enjoy your trip - cheers! wine

ICanSeeTheSun Thu 01-May-14 23:15:34

He is doing all the driving as well.

RedSoloCup Thu 01-May-14 23:18:38

I always clean and tidy, I enjoy holiday more then smile

heartichoke Thu 01-May-14 23:35:26

I'm yet another 'clean before you go' types... Not only because it's really nice to come back to, but also because neighbours always come in to feed the cat while I'm away, and I'd be ashamed for them to see how we usually live!!!! grin

MrsDavidBowie Fri 02-May-14 07:33:27

Yes me too ..clean house before we go

nokidshere Fri 02-May-14 07:54:01

Clean before we go here too - nothing worse than coming home to a messy house.

WitchWay Fri 02-May-14 08:37:35

I clean before we go away. I also change the bedlinen the morning we leave if there's time, or the day before we go if we're setting off very early.

DizzyKipper Fri 02-May-14 08:44:47

I hate coming home to a messy house (and that's usually want we come home too!). It's made worse by the fact the only 'holidays' we go on are weekends to FIL's, where their house is pristine and decorated to a high standard. It makes the contrast even worse. If he wants to clean just let him get on with it.

firesidechat Fri 02-May-14 08:49:19

I do too. Sorry.

No point in a holiday if you have to come back and despair at the state of your house. I have enough trouble tackling the post holiday laundry basket.

KepekCrumbs Fri 02-May-14 20:50:45

You smell your own house's family scent like a visitor would when you come home from holiday.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now