To have bought a sofa before I bought a bed?

(31 Posts)
AwfulMaureen Wed 30-Apr-14 22:16:10

We've just moved. We left our old moth eaten sofa behind as it was disgusting and we both agreed that rather than bring it along, we'd get a new one once we'd moved in.

The bed we share is buggered...this has become more apparent as we moved...and it needs replacing too.

Today, I came across a bargain suite and bought it. Having spent the last week trying to engage DH in various sofas and finding him disinterested.

it now transpires that as I knew our bed was fucked, I should have got a new mattress and bed and not a new sofa...he's very annoyed that I didn't realise how uncomfortable he is in our current bed.

Our budget wont run to two large purchases so we have to wait a week for the new bed...he HAD complained a bit about the bed but feck me! If it was THAT bad then he should have acted imo.

He's all "You bought that sofa without asking me what I thought" and I DID ask him and he always went "Hmm....yes...interesting." and watched the footy!

WIBU to make the decision? The bed never occurred to me! We just have nothing to sit on!

I'm quite jealous that she can afford £1200 every year for a couch when I can't even afford to buy an old crappy second hand car (around the £700 mark!)

Artandco Thu 01-May-14 18:19:46

It took us months to decide what bed/ matress / sofa etc so a new one every year would be very stressful and hard work!

Took us 6 months to decide on a Hoover..

HauntedNoddyCar Thu 01-May-14 18:28:54

Op yanbu. If you'd waited for him to respond when requested you'd waited have neither a sofa nor a new bed. I hate this total lack of engagement until someone else has bitten the bullet when they moan about your actual action.

Three sofas in 3 years is lunacy. Sorry but it is. I've had 2 in 17 years!

Coumarin Thu 01-May-14 21:59:13

I need you to come back and elaborate Chatty I'm honestly not having a go. You can do what you like. I'm just really baffled by replacing a bed or sofa that often.

Coumarin Thu 01-May-14 22:06:38

Oh. Unless you mean you have 3 sofas and 2 beds in your house. Like I have 2 sofas in my living room. That would explain it.

<is thinking way too much about this grin>

ICanSeeTheSun Thu 01-May-14 22:15:36

Would you afford finance on a bed, as dreams have the option of monthly instalments.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now