Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

Dd left at nursery part 2

(115 Posts)
lookingfortheanswer Tue 29-Apr-14 22:32:23

Hi,

I am still here and reading, thanks for the advice and opinions. I will update properly in the morning, just thought I should start a new thread.

We haven't gone to the press yet, and nobody has shared on Facebook so not sure where that came from.

The nursery have been in touch and said they will be telling parents (because ofsted require them to) so that is good. Although I imagine the papers will get hold of it now once all the parents know. sigh

wheresthelight Tue 29-Apr-14 22:40:05

How's your daughter today hun?!

Have the nursery said what they think happened?

maddening Tue 29-Apr-14 22:43:12

I wonder if other parents are mumsnetters?

MissDuke Tue 29-Apr-14 22:46:36

Well thanks for the updates, hope you are starting to calm down now, I can only imagine how you feel as I am very angry for you too!

SagaNorensLeatherTrousers Tue 29-Apr-14 22:47:50

Hope you're all ok. thanks

PorkPieandPickle Tue 29-Apr-14 22:48:11

Thanks for this OP. how are you and dd? What will you do about finding a new nursery? Hope you are feeling calmer today.

IwishIwasmoreorganised Tue 29-Apr-14 22:48:33

Well done OP.

Change will come as a result of this so that nobody else has to suffer as your family are.

Hope you're able to sort alternative childcare for your dd.

frankie001 Tue 29-Apr-14 22:48:36

Thanks for the updates x

oddsocksmostly Tue 29-Apr-14 22:49:04

thanks

MammaTJ Tue 29-Apr-14 22:49:40

Good, I am glad Ofsted require transparency.

Goldmandra Tue 29-Apr-14 22:52:18

I would imagine that the information the nursery give to parents will be the bare minimum so be prepared to feel like they're not being very open and to be quizzed by lots of other parents. I hope you can screen phone calls.

Are Ofsted cooperating with getting the childminder's registration fast tracked?

Dubjackeen Tue 29-Apr-14 22:56:19

I cannot even imagine how upsetting this has been for you thanks. Your little girl will forget it a lot more quickly than you. All the best, and I hope that the nursery and all of the relevant authorities handle it properly.

LottieAndTheDinosaur Tue 29-Apr-14 22:58:00

Thanks OP I hope you are all doing ok flowers

Has nursery explain how it happened, yet, OP? I think that's the burning question, really.....

It's good news that the other parents will be informed.

borisgudanov Tue 29-Apr-14 23:06:20

The problem with being sued for libel or defamation is not what the judgement might be. It's that, if you're a private individual and the plaintiff is a business, you'll run out of money before judgement is given. Then it won't matter a toss whether you're in the right or not. Sadly.

I therefore wouldn't makd a public statement without legal advice.

Falconi Tue 29-Apr-14 23:06:24

They are informing now because it is an Ofsted requirement.

I wonder how many incidents no one (a part from some staff) knows about.

Were you generally happy with the nursery before?

Heathcliff27 Tue 29-Apr-14 23:12:06

Hi op, I read the other thread but hadnt commented. Just wanted to say how appalled I am at what has happened. I can't imagine how you're feeling. It's awful. thanks

AlpacaYourThings Tue 29-Apr-14 23:13:53

I'm glad they are informing parents. It's just shitty that they are only doing it because OFSTED said they have to.

Hope DD is ok.

puntasticusername Tue 29-Apr-14 23:15:03

What do you mean by "I imagine the papers will get hold of it...sigh"?

I've every sympathy for your situation, but you are the one who has shared details of this incident via online social media. Didn't you expect anyone to hear about it this way?

Pipbin Tue 29-Apr-14 23:15:19

I do hope that all the carry-on on the old thread hasn't made a stressful situation even worse.

Dontlaugh Tue 29-Apr-14 23:17:05

Did I just read a "hun"? Seriously?
OP, hope it all goes ok, glad OFSTED are involved, that is what they are there for. Hope your DD is feeling ok, and you too.

ArcheryAddict Tue 29-Apr-14 23:21:33

I've read your other thread.

How devastating for you and your DD; just commenting to show my support and I hope you and your DD are okay.

Regarding the papers and media, if you don't want to share the story with the papers you can refuse to participate in interviews.

I'm glad ofsted have intervened.

Good luck thanks

MiscellaneousAssortment Tue 29-Apr-14 23:22:58

Hi there, so glad they are telling other parents now.

I hope any press reporting doesn't cause problems for you.

Just because you wrote an anonymous thread on a forum does not mean you have to expect your life to be invaded by other mainstream media!

NeedsAsockamnesty Tue 29-Apr-14 23:24:18

The face book thing, is just a link to the last thread

Ilovemydogandmydoglovesme Tue 29-Apr-14 23:25:52

Was following the first thread. God what a palaver. Your life and the thread! Hope you're feeling a bit better. How's your dd?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now