To want to curl up in a ball and cry and to indulge in self-pity?

(17 Posts)
IsItPossibleToDieFromPain Thu 24-Apr-14 15:39:20

holy moly!

period has just come, i am stuck at a site today in the middle of nowhere, i have no tampons or pads and most importantly NO PAIN KILLERS sad sad

i have had to stuff my knickers with tissue, oh the indignity.

entirely my fault, i usually pack these things with me, but i've forgotten.

i am in so much pain but have to put on a strong front as am surrounded by 13 other guys and am the only woman here today.

i won't leave this godforsaken place till 7 P.M which means I won't be in London until 10 PM at the earliest sad I am so close to crying.

crippling pain that is coming in waves, almost vomited earlier.
what to do what to do?

cakeymccakington Thu 24-Apr-14 15:40:21

Go home??? Is there no way of getting to a shop?

Lie if you have to!

IsItPossibleToDieFromPain Thu 24-Apr-14 15:52:00

Can't go home, it would look bad especially if i mentioned i have period pain, they would never take me seriously plus there is an ''important'' meeting from 4.30-7 sad

SpringBreaker Thu 24-Apr-14 15:53:26

Ask someone for painkillers

StepAwayFromTheEcclesCakes Thu 24-Apr-14 15:55:16

can you 'take a quick break' and get off to a shop / chemist for the necessary and painkillers.

SleepRefugee Thu 24-Apr-14 15:55:42

Why would you have to mention period pain? Lie and say you have a dreadful headache or toothache, run to the nearest chemist and get yourself some painkillers and pads/tampons!

IsItPossibleToDieFromPain Thu 24-Apr-14 15:55:51

i have asked everyone except the client, no one has any.

will have to grin and bear it.

hate being a woman sometimes.

IsItPossibleToDieFromPain Thu 24-Apr-14 15:59:52

when i said middle of nowhere i wasn't kidding grin nearest shop is 30 miles away, not enough time to go and come back before 4.30

capsium Thu 24-Apr-14 16:04:29

If it is that bad miss the meeting. Reason 'Dysmenorrhea' a menstrual disorder defined by painful or difficult menstruation. Say you feel ill, crippling stomach cramps and nausea, which is what you have.

cakeymccakington Thu 24-Apr-14 16:07:21

I would totally bail!

Tell them you have a migraine. If you're feeling so awful you've nearly vomited I'd bet you look pretty I'll too... You don't get a medal for staying at work when feeling shit, go home and rest

headlesslambrini Thu 24-Apr-14 16:11:29

Go home but in the absence of you following this advice - What do you have with you? I'm envisioning a blue peter style panty liner of some sort!!

Elastic bands, paperclips, bull dog clips, wire cutters ....

Sorry not helpful I know - otoh doing a poo helps with the pain and cramps

IsItPossibleToDieFromPain Thu 24-Apr-14 16:22:30

tmi time.....squeemish MNers turn away grin

have done a spectacular poo and it has helped soooo much, pain is at a 3 level instead of the 7 it was before (10 being crowning of dd)

feel much better....headlesslambrini flowers for you haha

DoJo Thu 24-Apr-14 16:32:41

Glad you're feeling better and what is MN for if not to recommend a massive dump to relieve someone's pain! Hope you make it through the meeting and get to neck some painkillers soon...

Nocomet Thu 24-Apr-14 16:33:14

Glad your feeling better. I remember being stuck in a two hour tutorial doubled up with period pain. Stupidly too small room for the size of the class, I would literally have had to climb over people to get out. Horribly hot and stuffy too.

Now, note to self - Secrete pain killers and tampons in handbag, brief case, laptop case, car glove box etc.

I have teen DDs, there isn't a single hiding place without provision (and they have several of their own too). I'd got very blasé because the mini pill lets me off really lightly. They aren't so lucky.

LadyVetinari Thu 24-Apr-14 16:49:49

Any chance there are pubs or public loos closer than the shops? They often have those little vending machines with tampax in... I know it won't help in time for your meeting, but it might make the journey home easier.

sisterofmercy Thu 24-Apr-14 16:59:29

You are DNBU. I remember similar situations and I totally bailed so if you stay you are a better woman than me.

headlesslambrini Thu 24-Apr-14 17:10:20

Happy to help. Having a good poo solves most of life's ups and downs. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now