To wear glittery nail polish at my age?

(43 Posts)
AwfulMaureen Wed 23-Apr-14 13:18:58

I'm 40....I just bought a glittery nail polish because I liked it and then it struck me...am I too old? confused

WhateverLover Wed 23-Apr-14 13:21:05

Nope grin

5madthings Wed 23-Apr-14 13:21:07

Well I wear glittery nail polish, my toes are purple with glitter at the moment. I am 35 and see no reason to stop wearing it once I reach 40!

Nah, I don’t believe in age limits. What colour?

StillStayingClassySanDiego Wed 23-Apr-14 13:21:15

Of course not! grin

Wear what you like, I'm looking for a nice summery blue varnish and I'm 45.

We'll I'm 43 and have dozens of the things, so shall we be "too old" together?! grin

If you want to wear it, who cares what anyone else thinks?

AwfulMaureen Wed 23-Apr-14 13:22:46

It's red! grin There was a nice beige one but the red just spoke to me...no point doing things by half I say and also, I'm pale and natural colours look odd on me sometimes.

StillStayingClassySanDiego - I recommend Essie's Beach Bum Blu, or A-England's Order of the Garter.

Ev1lEdna Wed 23-Apr-14 13:23:12

I'm nearly 40 - this year - and I have several bottles of the stuff in various colours. I love glittery nail varnish, all nail varnish actually. Stillstayingclassy check out the BarryM Gelly nail varnish they have a lovely aqua or a nice pale blue.

Maureen - we need pictures!

Ev1lEdna Wed 23-Apr-14 13:24:02

Oh yes A-England Order of the Garter is lovely and their varnishes go on so nicely.

Ooh I’ve got a red glittery Barry M one, it’s amazing.

StillStayingClassySanDiego Wed 23-Apr-14 13:24:51

I'll look out for those hues of blue, they sound lovely.

Cheers!

CorusKate Wed 23-Apr-14 13:25:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Contraryish Wed 23-Apr-14 13:26:20

I am 40 and currently wearing sparkly pearlescent nail varnish! Love it! It catches the light and looks different colours in different lights!

I have, though, decided I'm too old for chipped nail varnish so now get it done professionally every few weeks. It's a revelation!

Ev1lEdna Wed 23-Apr-14 13:32:05

I have a Models Own white glitter which sparkles rainbow over white nail varnish it is like wearing a disco ball on each finger nail. Love it, one for going out.

Hoppinggreen Wed 23-Apr-14 14:22:39

Oh crap, I'm 42 - do I need to chuck it all my sparkly, magnetic, crackle effect, holographic nail varnishes etc ????

AwfulMaureen Wed 23-Apr-14 14:25:03

Apparently not Hopping! I'm in the market for more...I want some of that polish with big chunks of "stuff" in it....looks like confetti or something.

WheresRyder Wed 23-Apr-14 14:29:07

the nail varnish in poundland is surprisingly good. I brought some glittery ones for dd as shes 8 and wanted glitter, but they are so good, ive been using them. Hot pink glitter, lighter pink and a rainbow effect one. bargains. (I'm 38)

Lottapianos Wed 23-Apr-14 14:30:38

Absolutely not BU. I can't stand all this 'ooh you're over XX so can't do this that and the other'. Wear what you like and enjoy it!

ilovemywestie Wed 23-Apr-14 14:30:59

I'm 47 and last summer my toes had lovely silver glitter nail varnish on them! I love a bit of sparkle grin

quirkychick Wed 23-Apr-14 14:35:04

The question is not are you too old but does it suit you and your style!

Sounds lovely btw. I am 43 and pale. Red over beige anyday! (beige is vile on me).

Yy to Barry M, I have silver foil and it's fab. Currently sporting turquoise toes and have just bought a new navy varnish.

Bettercallsaul1 Wed 23-Apr-14 14:36:15

I was confident, from the title of your thread, that you were 50 or 55 plus, OP! Forty?? That's when life begins, remember ....!

quirkychick Wed 23-Apr-14 14:37:14

My thoughts exactly lottapianos.

aylesburyduck Wed 23-Apr-14 14:38:00

course not! bloody hell I'd have no polish left if I chucked all my glittery ones grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now