to wonder whether I'm allergic to exercise?

(11 Posts)
WidowWadman Tue 22-Apr-14 23:16:07

in looks fucking awful, full of nasty spots, which are sore and clogged with white stuff. It's in my face,my chest and back and shoulders and started going that bad when I started going to the gym on a regular basis. It was bad like that 5 years ago, when also I had taken up exercise in order to lose weight.I lost around 20kg over the space of 8 months back then, which I stupidly regained and now am trying to lose again. Haven't changed my diet other than cutting out sweets and chocolate and other junk without replacing them with anything new so don't think it's a reaction to food. Any idea what this could be and how to address it as it is depressing?

JuniperHeartwand Tue 22-Apr-14 23:22:16

Do you shower straight after the gym? Could be a bad reaction to your own sweat, heat bumps on areas which are covered?

motherofmonster Tue 22-Apr-14 23:22:33

im not a doctor, but could it be caused by blocked sweat glands or something, just saying as it got worse when you excersise ?

Probably not allergic to exercise (now there's a damn good excuse I haven't used yet) but possibly blocked sweat glands or your shower gel? Try swapping for a sanex one or something really skin kind - if you are hot and sweaty with open pores when you shower your normal shower gel could well be irritating your skin much more than it does when you shower without exercising first

WidowWadman Wed 23-Apr-14 07:11:26

I don't shpwer straight after gym, but drive home first (about 15 minutes) - will try different shower gel.

Skinnydecafflatte Wed 23-Apr-14 07:38:47

Just a thought, how do you wash? I use one of those net ball thingies. It exfoliates at the same time which would help shift any dead skin cells.

SybilRamkin Wed 23-Apr-14 07:55:23

Go to your GP - they can suggest treatments, and if that doesn't work then they can refer you to a dermatologist.

Joules68 Wed 23-Apr-14 08:28:17

Maybe it's just your bodies way if getting rid of all the rubbish in your system

Drink lots of water and carry on exercising and eating well and you'll see an improvement I'm sure

FortuneFavoursTheFit Wed 23-Apr-14 08:30:47

I have exactly the same issue and it's the sweat. You need to shower as soon as you leave the gym rather than at home, if that's possible?

musicalendorphins2 Wed 23-Apr-14 08:43:27

Some tips here from others with the same problem.
www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/228662-breaking-out-after-workouts

WidowWadman Wed 23-Apr-14 20:39:23

Thanks for the replies and the link, looks like I wasn't completely wrong then

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now