to sulk about my siblings ( I am 46)

(21 Posts)
jellyhead Tue 22-Apr-14 18:02:15

I'm the youngest and my brother and two sisters went for a trip abroad for the weekend to see family but didn't ask me.

marmitelover Tue 22-Apr-14 18:03:46

That is a bit rude, but is there a reason why they might have thought you wouldn't go anyway?

TruJay Tue 22-Apr-14 18:05:51

Wow i think that's really mean and i too would be hurt by it.

CoffeeTea103 Tue 22-Apr-14 18:07:40

There has to be a reason, a good reason.

Saski Tue 22-Apr-14 18:08:12

On the face of it, not terribly nice. Surely there's a good reason?

mrssmith79 Tue 22-Apr-14 18:13:41

Have you asked them why?

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Tue 22-Apr-14 18:14:30

That sounds unkind. Off the top of my head was it a spur of the moment trip, are your DCs too young to leave without lots of prior arrangements?

Jbck Tue 22-Apr-14 18:19:48

Depends on family dynamic but YNBU.

If you knew there was a reason why they didn't invite you, I presume you wouldn't be posting. Seems mean at face value.

doziedoozie Tue 22-Apr-14 18:21:04

My DB still speaks annoyedly and dismissingly to my DS - he was the youngest for 5 years until she came along unexpectedly (to my DPs), he has never forgiven her.

Do your siblings see you as the spoilt baby of the family? because if they did in the past they might still now and this leaving you out might be to remind you of their views.

(DB is 61 by the way grin )

Floralnomad Tue 22-Apr-14 18:24:36

There must be a reason why they didn't invite you . I'm the youngest of 3 and I do loads of stuff with the middle sister and we hardly ever invite our oldest sister ,but that's because we've always been close and never had much in common with her .

jellyhead Tue 22-Apr-14 18:45:49

I asked why they hadn't asked me and they said they thought I'd be too busy. I'm a nurse so do need time to request a weekend off.
My brother looked shame faced and said the sisters had invited themselves.
I still feel hurt as it's not the first time this sort of thing has happened. I feel about 6 years old and want to smash their toys

EvaBeaversProtege Tue 22-Apr-14 18:47:41

They should have asked anyway.

doziedoozie Tue 22-Apr-14 18:49:08

Just tell DB firmly that you must be invited next time!

BikeRunSki Tue 22-Apr-14 18:50:13

I am a bit younger than you and still sulking about something my siblings did 18 months ago.

jellyhead Tue 22-Apr-14 18:50:34

I think they should have asked me too. I looked at my Facebook to see a big happy family picture of everyone last night.
Ashamed to say defriended them.

jellyhead Tue 22-Apr-14 18:51:47

DB is a wimp bullied by bossy eldest two. I'm the nice one

Lilaclily Tue 22-Apr-14 18:51:50

Do they think you never organise anything though?
Sometimes people get fed up if always doing the inviting & never getting invited anywhere <bitter>

jellyhead Tue 22-Apr-14 18:55:14

That's a thought I never organise anything .

BitterAndOnlySlightlyTwisted Tue 22-Apr-14 19:27:29

My two sisters have arranged to go on holiday together for the first time in over 30 years in June. They didn't ask me along and if they had I couldn't afford to go any way. They are expecting me to be thrilled for them. I am not.

EvaBeaversProtege Tue 22-Apr-14 19:40:11

I have 7 siblings.

Every summer we try to arrange a day where we all meet up with our children. Two dates are given. The one which most of us can make will go ahead whilst the other date is there for whoever can make that one.

But the difference is everyone is asked !!

jellyhead Tue 22-Apr-14 19:53:39

My two sisters went on holiday last year together. They didn't ask me then and that didn't bother me so much it's more they went to see family and I'd like to be included in that....miserable mingers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now