To be pissed off

(25 Posts)
Mustard01 Tue 15-Apr-14 19:01:56

Having nice quite drink with dh in the pub after long stressfull day at work and couple with screaming 2ish year old have sat beside us

expatinscotland Tue 15-Apr-14 19:02:40

Get up and move.

WitchWay Tue 15-Apr-14 19:03:11

"Accidentally" throw a pint of beer all over them, so the have to leave.

grin

WitchWay Tue 15-Apr-14 19:03:24

* they not the

whereisthewitch Tue 15-Apr-14 19:04:21

YABU they have as much right to be there as you...maybe they too have had a stressful day.

I agree with expat- move away.

FourAndDone Tue 15-Apr-14 19:05:12

Tbh I would just be like 'oh, poor little soul looks so so tired'
Make them feel a bit guilty.wink

CoffeeTea103 Tue 15-Apr-14 19:06:21

Just keep giving them looks, I'm sure lots of people will be doing so. One of them should take their child outside.

MrsS1980 Tue 15-Apr-14 19:06:26

Talk to your DH then and get off MN! grin

Wantsunshine Tue 15-Apr-14 19:06:28

They really should take him outside and return only when not screaming. I don't understand people who don't do this.

MammaTJ Tue 15-Apr-14 19:06:54

Screaming, as in upset? Or screaming as in misbehaving?

If it is the first, get some empathy, if the second, YANBU.

ICanSeeTheSun Tue 15-Apr-14 19:07:43

How rude of the parents. A screaming 2 year old should be taken out or away from people calmed the brought back in.

wolfwhistler Tue 15-Apr-14 19:10:07

your nerves will be jangling within the half hour

i hate that, screaming kids in restaurants and pubs

RockinHippy Tue 15-Apr-14 19:10:19

YANBU at all - its a PUB!!!

Not a child friendly cafe or kindergarten, its thanks to parents like this,who don't respect the fact that its a Pub, for adults & the landlord is doing them a big favour by letting them in with DCs at all, that DCs end up not welcome in future.

We are lucky to have a lot of DC friendly pubs near to us, but no way would I presume it was okay to allow my toddler to carry on screaming & bothering everyone else who, as its a pub, have more right to be there - I would have taken her home or to the park. Its thanks to these sorts of selfish parents that we have less child friendly pubs than we did

YADNBU

BoneyMan Tue 15-Apr-14 19:10:53

Pubs aren't really for children in the first place are they? I could never stand it when parents would bring a child into a pub and complain about you smoking or swearing next to their little treasure.

Mustard01 Tue 15-Apr-14 19:13:29

Dh had gone for fag that's why I'm on mn ... We have moved to other end of bar

OldFarticus Tue 15-Apr-14 19:21:37

Start swearing like an absolute trooper. 10 minutes of effing and jeffing should have them moving their little darling well out of earshot!

LaQueenOfTheSpring Tue 15-Apr-14 19:23:52

I have never understood this. If either of our DDs ever started yelling, or pantomiming when we were in a restaurant, cafe, pub, whatever, they would be very swiftly removed outside, until they had calmed down.

I never thought to inflict their nosiness/bad behaviour on other people. It's simply unfair.

zeezeek Tue 15-Apr-14 19:25:33

Children should not be in pubs, end of. There are some places that should just be for adults and it is not unreasonable for adults to want to have time with other adults without having to deal with kids screaming (for whatever reason - don't care). It makes me furious!!

Mustard01 Tue 15-Apr-14 19:46:29

Glad I'm not the only one it's a pub where most adults come for a quite drink nothing here to entertain children it doesn't serve food my children are with my mum I would never think to bring them here and disturd others.

DoJo Tue 15-Apr-14 19:56:05

I take my son to the pub occasionally (very accommodating village pub) but only for as long as he can manage without bothering anyone. If he makes a fuss, he is taken outside, or home if he cannot be calmed within about 30 seconds, and there is no interfering with others allowed unless they encourage him!

DoJo Tue 15-Apr-14 19:56:54

Whoops - posted too soon! I meant to add that it is frustrating when someone brings a screeching child in who is allowed to run around and bother others as it ends up with everyone with small kids tarred with the same brush.

Bowlersarm Tue 15-Apr-14 20:00:32

YANBU

When the screaming 2 year old is yours, it's great to be out and diffuse the noise/worry/childcare.

But if you want a quiet evening, you don't want a screaming 2 year old right next to you.

YANBU at all. You need to move tables.

Mrswellyboot Tue 15-Apr-14 20:02:27

YANBU we often go out with our baby but not this late and if he is noisy one of us will go out with him

Mustard01 Tue 15-Apr-14 20:07:42

Like you dojo we do take our children on occasion to another pub in our village that is a little more child friendly but if they are misbehaving or just not happy we will take them home

Mustard01 Tue 15-Apr-14 20:11:18

Just to add we only would do this on a sat or sun afternoon

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now