To think that to declare that you only want girls/ boys is mostly quite ghastly really?

(104 Posts)
AskBasil Tue 15-Apr-14 09:09:54

I mean really, why?

It strikes me as already putting your child into a box before it's even born. And talk about a bad start for a kid - I really wanted you to have different genitalia because I've got some weird idea that that's what determines your character, behaviour and relationship with me and of course my parenting can't be expected to have as much influence as your genitalia.

FFS.

Sorry I know there may sometimes be legitimate-ish reasons for this (you've had 5 boys already and you want a girl, you're thinking of the future when you're a MIL etc.) but the woman I know hasn't got such reasons - she's just a fuckwit and I need to vent because I'm sick of her saying (in front of my DS as well), that she only wants girls. Bear with me. grin

leedsgirl231 Fri 02-May-14 11:41:06

I want a boy AND a girl? why?! because I just do.
I don't really care if I have two boys
or two girls
or three girls and a boy
or two boys and two girls
they will be MY children, it's just what I want. Mother father sister brother. thats just what I would like, not what I need/want.

Igggi Fri 02-May-14 12:23:34

I had a preference, got the opposite (twice) and couldn't be happier.

Loverdose Fri 02-May-14 12:44:51

I had a girl but I honestly had no preference whatsoever. I've just split with husband and have no idea if I'll ever have another child in the future, so I know I'm lucky to have the one I have regardless of gender. smile

Thurlow Fri 02-May-14 13:00:55

Before I had a DC, I always imagined having boys. I some silly notion of strapping rugby playing teenagers vs girls who wanted to play with dolls and have their hair plaited

hmm

Now I have a DD I know it makes absolutely fuck all difference because they are who they are regardless of personality.

So I say YAB possibly slightly U for people who haven't had children yet (especially those that still live in the dream world where they'll have the baby sleeping through from 6 weeks and will do elimination communication from day one because, really, why bother with nappies?).

But YADNBU when it comes to people who already have DC.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now