To not want to speak to my dp

(42 Posts)
Alisvolatpropiis Mon 14-Apr-14 18:47:38

I'm being unreasonable. I know I am. But he is driving me insane.

Suffering from the teachers curse of developing a cold as soon as half term starts.

That's fine.

It's the WHINING. Give me strength you'd think he was dying of bubonic plague.

I'm going to have put up with this all week after work.

I want to go out and return only when he has recovered.

Before anybody asks, no I have never considered going into nursing grin

Topseyt Mon 14-Apr-14 19:00:58

Ah, sounds like a case of man flu.

Topseyt Mon 14-Apr-14 19:01:48

If my hubby gets a cold he acts as if he should be in intensive care too.

FourForksAche Mon 14-Apr-14 19:02:29

LTB wink

thebody Mon 14-Apr-14 19:03:22

The poor poor darling!

I imagine it's stopped him doing any chores as well?

You heartless bitch op. Can you get a carer in? Man flu is deadly.

ChandlerBingsThirdNipple Mon 14-Apr-14 19:03:52

Same - DP had three days off work with a cold last week and needed constant lemsip which apparently has the side effect of constant sighing.

EatDessertFirst Mon 14-Apr-14 19:04:00

I send my DP to bed when manflu strikes. Its always when I have a busy few days of school/nursery runs combined with my part-time shifts. The sight of him lolling on the sofa and listening to the whining and moaning when I'm running about like a chicken-minus-head makes me stabby.

YANBU to feel this way. You have my sympathy. And wine.

Hassled Mon 14-Apr-14 19:04:17

DH used to be like this. I've broken his spirit now - keep being hard as nails and you too can have a man who keeps his colds mostly to himself.

weatherall Mon 14-Apr-14 19:04:18

Just go out. He doesn't need you to stay in to be a spectator to his man flu.

Alisvolatpropiis Mon 14-Apr-14 19:04:26

Yes he bloody well has stopped doing any kind of chores. angry.

I look forward to when we have children and he gets them all day every day during the holidays <evil>

thebody Mon 14-Apr-14 19:08:43

Ali my dear he won't be able to cope with them.

They will go to his mothers! grin

Alisvolatpropiis Mon 14-Apr-14 19:14:30

They won't! His parents are no longer with us and mine are v likely to still be working full time given their current ages.

He'll just have to suck it up grin

Alisvolatpropiis Mon 14-Apr-14 19:38:12

Less amusing is the massive row we've just had. Totally lost his rag, it's ok though because I "goaded" him.

Happy Monday to me.

madasa Mon 14-Apr-14 19:45:03

Yes Chandler it's the bloody sighing!!

Why? If you're that ill go to bed and get out of my sight if you're not then shut the fuck up.

Janethegirl Mon 14-Apr-14 20:29:15

Mine's just stormed off because I didn't like the sound of a new microwave he'd chosen....wtf does he know about microwaves given he doesn't cook!

thebody Mon 14-Apr-14 20:33:04

wine anyone?

Janethegirl Mon 14-Apr-14 20:42:44

Good solution, thebody.

Alisvolatpropiis Mon 14-Apr-14 20:43:30

If I had wine I'd have drunk it all by now.

I was moderately peeved he's arranged to go away to see his brother over the weekend. Now I'm counting the minutes day.

You reminded me of this Man Flu bit on Man Stroke Woman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbmbMSrsZVQ

WyrdByrd Mon 14-Apr-14 20:57:47

Just don't for goodness sake go term time only yourself once the kids come along.

My DH & I have 13 weeks annual leave together - it's fecking horrendous wonderful hmm .

WitchWay Mon 14-Apr-14 20:58:09

Sighing & a bit of groaning is what mine does. When I comment on it he says "you make a real fuss when you're ill". No. I don't. Also I have about half a cold once every three years whereas he catches every bloody thing going (sigh, groan, pathetic cough, sniffle) hmm

Alisvolatpropiis Mon 14-Apr-14 21:01:11

Wyrd

I'd rather shoot myself with a bolt gun at present!

WyrdByrd Mon 14-Apr-14 21:48:46

I have managed to rejig my hours so I work one day a week in the holidays and have a day a week off during term time. This also has the happy side effect of an annual leave entitlement that can be taken all year round so I can book the occasional day off when he's not in the house.

I'm pretty certain that neither my sanity or our marriage would have survived otherwise.

At the moment he is 'get up and on with it mode' - every day of the hols he's been up at 7 farting about, mostly in the garden with all the doors open, and tutting & huffing because I'm not doing the same.

I'm not a morning person at the best of times and since I've been suffering from horrific anxiety induced insomnia lately I'm buggered if I'm getting up at stupid o'clock every morning during the holidays.

Dillyson Mon 14-Apr-14 22:10:06

My DH has the week off and man flu arrived on Friday. It's still going strong now, I am ignoring the snorting, moaning and groaning but it is driving me insane!
My favourite is the constant cries of "I can't breathe" as he has a bunged up nose. I did, very helpfully, point out that if he couldn't breathe he would be dead by now.
The strange thing is that man flu doesn't seem to stop you drinking beer....

Ploppy16 Mon 14-Apr-14 23:48:57

DH very rarely does the ill in bed thing, for which I am eternally gratefully. However when he does it's usually Sod's law that we've come down with the same thing at the same time. I can't stay in bed, just not my way. I need to be occupied and try and fight through it as much as possible.
But DH... Well... He takes to his bed with a sick bowl and apparently loses the use of his limbs and brain In all fairness he just sleeps mainly but to the extent that I want to go and poke him sharply until he wakes up and takes notice of the world, but no he eventually drags himself out of bed and onto the sofa where he sits and looks mournfully around as though he has the worlds worst dose of the plague and he's trying to figure out who gave it to him. angry
I feel better for getting that out..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now