Help me be TOTALLY unreasoable and prematurely celebrate my NDN from hell's red note on the door!!

(20 Posts)
babybearsmummy Mon 14-Apr-14 18:29:18

It's an eviction notice isn't it??!

Or bailiffs?

We're in West Oxfordshire and I've never seen a red sticker holding a note to a door before, PPLLLEEEAASSEE tell me she's finally going.

totters off to have my first tipple in 2 and a half years!!

babybearsmummy Mon 14-Apr-14 18:30:27

*Unreasonable in the title sorry!

FourForksAche Mon 14-Apr-14 18:30:50

a bit u and unpleasant but it sounds like you've had a bad time with the neighbour.

WestieMamma Mon 14-Apr-14 18:33:09

I thought legal stuff had to be put into the recipients hand not stuck to the door.

Preciousbane Mon 14-Apr-14 18:40:32

I saw an envelope stuck on the door of my old next door neighbour, it was about repossessing his car.

Bogeyface Mon 14-Apr-14 18:47:47

I saw a program where bailiffs put a letter through the door but also stuck it on the door as they could see when it had gone, proving the house is occupied (I think!).

My vote is for eviction notice!

newsecretidentity Mon 14-Apr-14 18:53:58

I've never seen one before, but if it's red and on the door then it sounds like bad news.

MooncupMadness Mon 14-Apr-14 19:02:25

Sounds like an eviction notice to me.

newsecretidentity Mon 14-Apr-14 19:03:25

So, are you going to fill us in on the backstory?

babybearsmummy Mon 14-Apr-14 19:41:50

I really truly hope she's going. I'm not a nasty person but she's made our lives here horrible.

Just in short we've had 2 years of her fighting with boyfriend after boyfriend and her running to us (then us not feeling safe incase he comes round after her) Her boyfriends have all been drug addicts, she's lost her children through her violence and her boyfriends. She's smashing up a lovely house on a regular basis. We're constantly calling the police on her. We feel worried for our safety and that of our toddler because she knows it's us reporting her to the police and H.A and her dogs fight with other dogs (to the point where there's been blood on her patio on some occasions) and have jumped over our fence.

It's just horrible listening to them fighting until the early hours of the morning and dealing with her attitude and her accusations when we have to report her. Not to mention the huge phone bills from calling the police and H.A, the sleepless nights for us and dd and the petrol costs that dp had to fork out for to give evidence against her druggie boyfriends when she gets them arrested for assaulting her. The list goes on!

I think there was a thread a while ago about an eviction notice stuck to a door. MN consensus was not to touch it, as it might jeopardise the eviction, but to watch with interest.

Andrewofgg Mon 14-Apr-14 19:49:43

Apart from that, OP, she's an ideal neighbour.

Hope you are there when the bailiffs arrive, you're entitled to some fun out of life!

NearTheWindymill Mon 14-Apr-14 19:51:07

Bloody hell OP. I thought it was you in trouble. Fingers and toes crossed. Don't touch it, look after your own and keep your head down. ))hugs((

YouTheCat Mon 14-Apr-14 20:07:01

I shall have everything crossed for you that she gets chucked out and you can have some peace at last.

CloverHeart Mon 14-Apr-14 21:10:07

Sounds about right to me!! And sounds like the bugger deserves it, too.

wine Cheers!!

GreatSoprendo Mon 14-Apr-14 21:22:56

Is it a rented property? Where I work red letters attached to the door are usually notices that we have been trying and failing to get access for something important (usually gas servicing or periodic electrical checks) - we tape them to the door then photograph it there as the final piece of evidence after list of letters and visits, and then go to court for permission to gain entry.
In my experience the court service deliver eviction notices through the door of the property - I've never seen one stuck onto the door of a property (sorry sad). I'm guessing they haven't let the landlord in to service their gas or similar......

Bogeyface Mon 14-Apr-14 21:24:52

I have seen eviction notices taped to windows before now, telling anyone who has belongings there to contact XXX to gain entry. But I suppose that could be from a moonlight flit.

WorraLiberty Mon 14-Apr-14 21:26:39

I was going to say it could be a gas service check letter

If they haven't been in when they've tried to check, they can enter with a warrant but they have to warn first.

GreatSoprendo Mon 14-Apr-14 21:28:35

Yes bogey - we use those too. But they are after an eviction has been done, or the locks have been changed for some other reasons eg the tenant abandoned or did a 'flit'. It's common to leave a notice on the door then to get anyone whose stuff is in there to get in touch to arrange for them to collect it, in an often vain attempt to stop people breaking in to get their belongings.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now