to ask if this could have been implantation bleeding?

(9 Posts)
Sampanther Sun 13-Apr-14 23:38:05

My periods restarted after reducing breastfeeding toddler in October. I had a regular one in November and December. In Jan I had lots of cramping as usual but it was shorter (3-4 days instead of 7) and lighter (much) than usual. I am yet to have a scan but this is my third baby and tonight I'm sure I've felt movement and therefore may be further along than I thought. Could Jan have been implantation bleeding or is it much less/lighter/shorter than that?

Primafacie Mon 14-Apr-14 01:12:46

Yes it could. The only way to date your pregnancy is to have a scan, so I would book a private one if you are desperate to know.

Congratulations btw!

allisgood1 Mon 14-Apr-14 02:16:07

Have you had a BFP?

RedFocus Mon 14-Apr-14 08:09:42

It could be any of those times as periods are well known to change as you get older and while your hormones are sorting themselves out.
Congratulations grin

lemontwist Mon 14-Apr-14 08:17:03

I had exactly the same when pregnant with DS2. Very light bleeding that only lasted 2-3 days but I was convinced it was my period as they hadn't returned to normal after breastfeeding. I only tested when my friend persuaded me!
Agree, scan needed if you're not sure of dates. Congratulations!

WaitMonkey Mon 14-Apr-14 08:46:18

Have you got a scan booked ?

Sampanther Mon 14-Apr-14 21:49:50

Have got the booking appointment this week so probably the scan in the next week or two. Am showing quite a bit though which got me wondering whether it could've been implantation bleeding.

deakymom Mon 14-Apr-14 23:00:17

could have been but you can show earlier on if your muscles hadn't recovered from the last time x

sharonthewaspandthewineywall Mon 14-Apr-14 23:49:25

I'm confused as you don't say you are pregnant in your OP

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now