To wonder why so many people on here love Playmobil?

(56 Posts)
SchnitzelVonKrumm Sun 13-Apr-14 13:57:11

(Clearing out the toy boxes). I know some of the detail is cute, but Playmobil stuff falls apart as soon as you look at it. See also: Sylvanian Families.

BlackeyedSusan Sun 13-Apr-14 15:49:44

<awaits the arrival of Norman>

poor Norman et al.

HecatePropylaea Sun 13-Apr-14 15:53:20

Love it? Love it? It is bloody BASTARDING CRAP tat created by the devil to drive you batcrap crazy! When I think of all those hellish christmas mornings I want to drive to playmobil headquarters and insert every last bit of that bloody stuff right up the arse of their MD. <hyperventilates>

Nocomet Sun 13-Apr-14 16:04:51

I don't get playmobil because all the fun designing and building has been done for you, I'm a Lego person.

DD2 loves it, she loves all the fine detail. She loves thefact that, the cars, prams, furniture, abulances etc. are so realistic.

She played with it for hours and hours. At 13 she still has a sneeky play when no one is looking.

Her other addiction is SIMs on the computer - more bossing pretend people about!

Panzee Sun 13-Apr-14 16:05:51

I hate hate hate it. All those sodding bits.

OuterFromOutersville Sun 13-Apr-14 16:13:25

I like it. So does DS. I want MORE.

CouldntGiveAMonkeysToss Sun 13-Apr-14 16:38:58

I got my sons the bin lorry and they love it! My two year old is a bit rough with toys and so far it has been unbreakable, bits come off but just clip back together again. I'm so impressed I'll be buying more.

Dillydollydaydream Sun 13-Apr-14 16:48:59

My ds had playmobil and lego. He never plays with the bloody playmobil, it's just an expensive dust catcher!
Lego on the other hand gets played with everyday. I find lego everywhere though!

Ledkr Sun 13-Apr-14 17:00:05

I hate all the sodding toys if I'm honest, bloody mess that hardly gets played with.
There is at least one bit of play mo bastard bile in every single one of our toy stir ages boxes, it's a damn nuisance.

Nocomet Sun 13-Apr-14 17:16:07

I don't mind mess, lots of stuff everywhere is just an excellent excuse not to get the bastard Dyson out.

StickEm Sun 13-Apr-14 17:19:13

I lived Sylvanian Families. <sigh>

StickEm Sun 13-Apr-14 17:19:57

and yes poor Norm!!!

DevonFolk Sun 13-Apr-14 17:25:43

DD's mad about it and will be getting even more for her birthday (not from me I hasten to add). I find it all too bloody small and fiddly and as a person who hates losing things I panic every time she plays with it blush

littledrummergirl Sun 13-Apr-14 17:27:53

Dcs had the play barn. I never bought another one. Spent more time fixing it than anything else they have had, ever.

Nocomet Sun 13-Apr-14 19:09:18

I suspect we've been lucky, because the DDs have a big wooden dolls house, we don't have playmobile buildings, just vehicles and people.

I believe the buildings do have a horrible reputation (the original plane falls apart).

I think the trick is to wait until DCs are nearer 6 than 4, which clearly doesn't prevent younger sibling woes.

mercibucket Sun 13-Apr-14 19:14:36

what do you do to it to make it fall apart??

we have loads and i love it at least as much as dd, if not more. great for imaginative play

hate sylvanians - lazy toymakers dont make accessories the animals can actually hold grrrrrr

MichaelFinnigan Sun 13-Apr-14 19:17:37

We have the pirate ship
In 47521 pieces all over everywhere
I rebuild it, within seconds it's back in 47521 separate pieces again

EvansOvalPiesYumYum Sun 13-Apr-14 19:21:36

We had absolutely masses of Playmobil - son absolutely loved it, daughter absolutely hated it. With son, all the pirates, knights, cowboys and injuns would have a fight, then sit in the doll's house together for a friendly cup of tea. He's 18 now, and still has a little nostalgic box of favourite figures that he won't get rid of. Daughter didn't take to it at all, but did mention just the other day how she remembers us making food items for the "people" out of Fimo (you know, the clay stuff that you mould and bake). She loved doing that.

We had loads of Lego too, but I seemed more enthusiastic about that than either of them. I would find myself happily playing with that whilst they had both toddled off to do something else. smile

BurdenedWithGloriousPurpose Sun 13-Apr-14 19:22:33

I don't like all the bits (all of which disappear as soon as your back's turned) but love the dinosaur range. Big sturdy dinos which my DS loves.
Also like the castle and dragon stuff. Everything else I regret buying.

lechers Sun 13-Apr-14 19:22:43

Yeah, I never got playmobil either. My children have never had ny of it. My youngest did go through a Sylvanian Families stage. I was glad when she grew out of that stage, as I thought it was incredibly overpriced for what you get.

TheRealAmandaClarke Sun 13-Apr-14 19:32:20

YAbu.
It is perfection. grin
A whole beautiful world in teeny weeny beautiful detail.
Have you even seen the helicopter rescue set?

I still have all of my old playmobil.

Kids aren't allowed it.

Jerboa Sun 13-Apr-14 19:37:46

YANBU, hate Playmobil. But Sylvanians? Love 'em. Cute little things with the clothes and shit, my DC loved them. Prefer Lego though.

Canus Sun 13-Apr-14 19:40:22

I love it. It is unbreakable, but easily lost <looks sadly at pyramid remnants>

And waterproof, so great in the bath!

thegreylady Sun 13-Apr-14 19:41:30

I love Playmobil and Sylvanians. I have bought my own and dgc are allowed to play with it sometimes smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now