To be considering a move to Kent / Chichester but no idea which one? :(

(28 Posts)
Mixedupmind Sun 13-Apr-14 07:49:11

Can anyone please advise?
I'm new to this site, confused to the max and would love some outsiders opinions.
I currently live on the outskirts of sw London.
Obviously, loud, fast paced life with expensive rents and good schools.
Our son is due to start his school nursery this year however for the last month I've felt that it might be better for all of us to just get out now before he starts reception next year.
A slower, friendlier, greener happy childhood is what I'm imagining, little villages where people know each other, smaller schools that aren't all heavily over subscribed.
BUT I don't drive so would need to be able to get to a town and will the children be travelling back to London all over again when it becomes time to find a job etc.
Half of me thinks I'd be hugely benefiting them by making the move now, the other half thinks maybe I'm hindering them.
Has anyone done it?
And does anyone live in either area above that can shed some light?
Much appreciated!

Eastpoint Sun 13-Apr-14 14:52:26

I can't remember if it's the 60 or 66 but it goes from Midhurst to Bognor via Chichester every 10 minutes . I don't know what time the service finishes though. There are quite a lot of buses in the Chi area, I presume because so many people are older. I think that the communities aren't particularly closed as so many areas have been built up over the last 30 years so lots of people are incomers.

Feminine Sun 13-Apr-14 15:00:29

two threads on this? grin

Mixedupmind Wed 16-Apr-14 16:15:46

Still very confused
Anyone have any further advice?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now