ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

To be irritated at MN security changes this morning!

(57 Posts)
Happyringo Sun 13-Apr-14 07:27:00

Yeah ok I know it's for security, but Ffs! I couldn't log in, so I tried password reset but it wouldn't send the password to my registered email address, kept saying it wasn't valid, so I've had to create a new email address and therefore a new user name just to get my Sunday morning fix of aibu! Gggrrr! RIP ilovechips and hello happyringo...

MostlyMama Sun 13-Apr-14 07:28:54

There was really no point, I don't know why they have bothered. It's like locking the stable door after the horse has bolted...

EverythingIsAwesome Sun 13-Apr-14 07:30:49

Why was there no point? Our passwords & usernames have been posted on websites, and if you use the same email and password for any other site, then you are also at risk.

adoptmama Sun 13-Apr-14 07:32:55

couldn't change my password yesterday, and oddly didn't need to this morning as it let me straight in with no problems

it is not emailing me
and i dont want to change my password <<Stamps foot>>

i am permanently logged in, i very rarely log out,

ThePearShapedToad Sun 13-Apr-14 07:36:01

Not sure it's hq's fault that you didn't confirm your email with them when you first registered which is why your email address with them isn't valid... hmm

And it is important, as a pp stated

But by all means just leave yourself open for a security breach

Ffs back at you

Sirzy Sun 13-Apr-14 07:37:13

Frustrating but at least they have been upfront about the fact there has been a problem and have been proactive in trying to sort it.

I can't access the email I registered with so MNHQ are going to change the email linked to my account for me.

caramelwaffle Sun 13-Apr-14 07:42:30

Having read this thread, I've changed mine in under three minutes no problem.

Little bump.

caramelwaffle Sun 13-Apr-14 07:42:58

That's good news sirzy

MostlyMama Sun 13-Apr-14 07:43:40

They haven't been 'posted on other sites' there was just more potential if someone was to ask the server for more info than they were putting in which could have been a small chance of being your password.

rembrandtsrockchick Sun 13-Apr-14 07:44:22

I had to change both name and password yesterday. Most annoying.

halfwildlingwoman Sun 13-Apr-14 07:44:57

It took seconds to change. Honestly, it wasn't any hassle at all.

eurochick Sun 13-Apr-14 07:46:23

Personally I couldn't give a shit if anyone knows my password on here. I'm not that precious about my account. We should have been warned and given the option of changing passwords, not forced to do it.

hellsbells99 Sun 13-Apr-14 07:47:18

What websites has our info been posted on? Does anyone know?

Pigletin Sun 13-Apr-14 07:49:14

So much complaining about resetting a password...don't let it spoil your day.

EverythingIsAwesome Sun 13-Apr-14 07:49:28

I dont know the site they were posted on, but if you readteh thread in site stuff you will see that MNHQ have confirmed that they were posted somewhere on the net.

EverythingIsAwesome Sun 13-Apr-14 07:51:05

MostlyMam, you are talking shit, sorry. Did you see Justine's hacked thread?

I have zero idea what you are talking about. I've managed to ignore all. Dunno how wasn't intentional. I just thought I'd fell out of login so updated!

What was heartbleed? Very confused......

Cheers

Will 2014 be mn annus horribilis....? Duf Duf Duf etc

EverythingIsAwesome Sun 13-Apr-14 07:52:13

I am sure MNHQ reset all passwords and create this huge amount of work for themselves, just for fun. hmm

Goodadvice1980 Sun 13-Apr-14 07:52:17

Oooooh, where have we been posted then?!!!

Sirzy Sun 13-Apr-14 07:53:56

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/site_stuff/2052263-Due-to-a-security-breach-we-are-resetting-all-passwords-across-Mumsnet

For anyone unsure what's happening

MostlyMama Sun 13-Apr-14 07:54:32

WE HAVEN'T BEEN POSTED ANYWHERE THATS NOT WHAT IT MEANS

AEGGHHDSKDKLSDS/

Oody Sun 13-Apr-14 07:54:32

It was linked a few times yesterday but deleted. Google it, supposed to be easy to find

EverythingIsAwesome Sun 13-Apr-14 07:55:56

Oh dear MostlyMam, I think you need to read that thread before getting all shouty.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now