aibu to get on at dp

(8 Posts)
mykidsarebonkers Sat 12-Apr-14 15:05:27

He sits about doing proper fuck all, while I run about after our young dds. His argument is that goes to the shop each day ( drives to the shop) and walks our dofs each day. Hes been off work due to bck pain for a month. Im pig sick of it

mykidsarebonkers Sat 12-Apr-14 15:17:40

walk our dogs is what I meant. I do all the housework, washing, ironing, feed kids etc. His back seems perfectly fine to me. I also work fulltime as a midwife our dds are 2 and 4.

Sorry Im just angry and needed a rant. I love him dearly and we have a great marriage. Its just the laziness Im struggling with. Bloody fucking men!!!!

Dreamer789 Sat 12-Apr-14 15:35:07

Has he always been lazy? Did he used to do stuff and then stop?

cakeymccakington Sat 12-Apr-14 15:39:08

Term him to shape up or ship out.
I'd be very tempted to stop doing anything for him as well.. He can sort his own laundry etc

Joysmum Sat 12-Apr-14 16:10:08

If he thinks he's pulling his weight, offer to swap chores and you do what he does whilst he does what you do.

RhondaJean Sat 12-Apr-14 16:14:45

How bad is his back?

He probably should be moving more to try to help it. You might need to think about what things cause him pain though and work round those.

YANBU to be frustrated.

LittleprincessinGOLDrocks Sat 12-Apr-14 16:19:07

Could you talk to him about sharing the chores more fairly?
Though, as someone who suffered back pain (cured by an amazing NHS hospital physiotherapist) for about 6 months, I would say he should avoid lifting and carrying type chores. Though there is nothing to stop him doing some tidying up, washing up, cooking etc, as long as he does gentle movements and doesn't over stretch his muscles.
Has he had any physio yet?

BerniesBurneze Sat 12-Apr-14 19:34:44

He's off work with his back, I think it's difficult to judge someone else's pain and he's probably reluctant to antagonise it.

Yabu - he should be resting or going back to work!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now