Aibu to not move until Ds wakes up?

(14 Posts)
Slavetothestripyone Sat 12-Apr-14 14:41:20

Ds has been sick pretty much once an hour since 6am. He's just crashed out on me on the sofa. I've got work and housework that needs doing but think I should stay here until he wakes so as not to disturb him. Aibu?

elahrairahforprimeminister Sat 12-Apr-14 14:42:28

No.

Stick the telly on and chill out.

Sounds like you need it as much as him.

flowers brew cake

Nennypops Sat 12-Apr-14 14:42:29

YANBU. You both need a rest, the housework can wait, and you'll probably cope with the other work better when you've had that rest.

FunnyBird Sat 12-Apr-14 14:42:55

Stay where you are. You're doing a very important job as comfy bed.

StarGazeyPond Sat 12-Apr-14 14:43:11

Yes, YABU. Gently lower him onto the sofa and get on with it, woman grin

Slavetothestripyone Sat 12-Apr-14 14:49:44

Thanks, I'm staying put then. I would put the tv on but I can't reach the remotes. I would ask Dp to assist but he's gone to bed feeling Ill too.

moanymiserablemum Sat 12-Apr-14 14:51:54

Have a well deserved nap!

Slavetothestripyone Sat 12-Apr-14 15:09:36

Thanks, I'm staying put then. I would put the tv on but I can't reach the remotes. I would ask Dp to assist but he's gone to bed feeling Ill too.

ProudAS Sat 12-Apr-14 15:14:53

There's always YouTube - you can obviously reach phone, tablet etc.

ProudAS Sat 12-Apr-14 15:16:29

.... and order a meal off 'Just Eat'. Someone will have to go to door but hopefully DS will be awake by then.

Slavetothestripyone Sat 12-Apr-14 15:20:38

Very tempting, starting to need a wee now.

Slavetothestripyone Sat 12-Apr-14 15:26:42

Just been on just eat. They've never had anything in this area before when I've looked. They do now. They have a local pizza place that do the best chicken burger I've ever tasted.

Now I want a chicken burger but Ds and Dp won't fancy food tonight I doubt. May have to send them both to bed.

Leaningtoweroflisa Sat 12-Apr-14 16:29:29

For much of his life so far, ds has preferred napping on someone, usually me. He is now 2.6 so I have a strategy:

- always pee pre-nap (always easier when not a spontaneous one!)
- always have a drink, food and remotes and a book or phone/ iPad within arms reach
- get comfy in a way that doesn't knacker your back
- train self to ignore the surrounding mess
- nap beside him

Chicken burger sounds yum!

Slavetothestripyone Sat 12-Apr-14 17:04:18

He's awake now, feeling loads better. He's starving so am going to try him with some toast, hopefully it will stay down.

Am still contemplating the chicken burger once he's in bed. Don't want to tease him with yummy food when he can't eat it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now