To think this may be the beginning of the end?

(19 Posts)
SilverOldie Sat 12-Apr-14 11:31:25

I have just returned home from shopping, to discover that I went out wearing one light blue shoe and one black shoe. Is it the first sign I'm going ga ga?

Actually I'm just grateful my skirt wasn't tucked into my knickers.

EBearhug Sat 12-Apr-14 11:38:46

I was walking through the corridor at work, and glanced down at my feet to realise I had one black and one brown shoe on (same style).

To be fair, if I hadn't exclaimed, "Oh my God, I'm so stupid sometimes!" I doubt anyone else would have noticed, but obviously they did then, when I had pointed it out.

Then there was the time that half way through the morning, I realised I had my top on back to front.

And the time my knickers felt really uncomfortable, till I realised my waist was through a leg-hole (there wasn't much to the knickers; it wouldn't happen on a big-knicker day.)

I mostly put it down to sleep-deprivation.

SilverOldie Sat 12-Apr-14 11:44:29

Ha ha, that's made me feel better smile

AuroraSim Sat 12-Apr-14 12:15:47

I once put the milk away in the oven (we have one of those unit oven about waist height.)

I also forgot to get off the bus once, so had to go all the way back into town and back again.

Your not alone x

brokenhearted55a Sat 12-Apr-14 12:17:46

I have used my oyster card to try and open the front door. ....

Slapntickleothewenches Sat 12-Apr-14 12:24:01

DH phoned me in a real state a few weeks ago as his card was declined in Waitrose. He tried several times and was embarrassed and confused, particularly when I assured him there was money in the account.
After further fruitless attempts the checkout girl kindly pointed out that Waitrose do not accept BP fuel cards as payment grin

Dawndonnaagain Sat 12-Apr-14 12:55:19

My dd deliberately wears odd shoes, every single day. You are a trendy 17 year old! grin

WooWooo Sat 12-Apr-14 13:27:59

I went to a meeting in one navy shoe and one black once, I blamed the 5am start. For a minute I decided that the best way to keep this out of sight would be keep feet as far away as possible from each other, whilst wearing a skirt, luckily I realised that this tactic wouldn't save any blushes and just kept keep together under table.

WorraLiberty Sat 12-Apr-14 13:36:39

You mean you remembered to put knickers on? grin

SilverOldie Sat 12-Apr-14 14:12:08

I'm loving these.

oo Dawndonna I've just shed 51 years and am trendy!

I do remember to put my knockers on Worra, there's hope for me yet grin

SilverOldie Sat 12-Apr-14 14:13:18

Knickers dammit, not knockers

carabos Sat 12-Apr-14 14:29:57

I forgot my car the other day. I normally walk from the office to M&S food for a lunchtime sandwich. Last week, I needed petrol, so drove round as the petrol station is next door. Filled up, parked outside M&S, got lunch, then, as normal, walked back to the office... confused.

Got to the office door and thought "Oh". Turned round and walked half a mile back...

Alliwantisaroomsomewhere Sat 12-Apr-14 14:37:44

My Reception teacher came to school one day with an odd shoes on - same style, different colours. I was in Reception in 1973 - 41 years ago, so I am afraid to say that there will be people around you who will remember this incident for many years to come... grin

IDugUpADiamond Sat 12-Apr-14 14:47:35

The last day of school before the Easter break I forgot to collect my daughter from school

Donki Sat 12-Apr-14 14:51:25

I regularly try to unlock the house door with the car key remote.
The YoungDonki kills himself laughing and tells me that we don't have that sort of house.

StampyIsMyBoyfriend Sat 12-Apr-14 14:58:52

grin @ knockers

SilverOldie Sat 12-Apr-14 15:19:44

You've all made me feel so much better.

Don't knock the knockers Stampy grin

BurnThisDiscoDown Sat 12-Apr-14 15:37:26

I got to 3:30 before realising I had my work top inside out once. blush To make it worse, it was only because it was pointed out to me by a young glam colleague and there's a logo on it which everyone I saw that day would have noticed. Cringe.

EBearhug Sat 12-Apr-14 15:38:45

I am afraid to say that there will be people around you who will remember this incident for many years to come

If that's what they remember about me, I'll just be glad it's not far worse.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now