To think that dandelion and burdock drink/juice is the vilest concoction known to man?

(73 Posts)
MrsMystery Thu 10-Apr-14 14:27:54

Yeeuch....cannot get the taste out of my mouth sad

I normally buy sparkling water or ribena with my lunch, but I thought about buying something different for a change <world's most boring woman>

Tried something with an interesting sounding name....a bottle of dandelion and burdock shock so vile.
I could barely keep it in my mouth and I definitely couldn't swallow. Had to spit it out right away.....

I definitely do NOT recommend this drink.

I'm now back at work and am stuck with the bastard all afternoon.....<boak>

EatShitDerek Thu 10-Apr-14 14:29:12

I love fizzy dandelion and burdock. Yum.

I saw dilute peppermint cordial in Co-op. Cant imagine that been nice.

HoldOnHoldOnSoldier Thu 10-Apr-14 14:30:45

I love Dandelion and Burdock but I very rarely drink fizzy drinks, When I do that is generally my first choice smile

lylasmam2012 Thu 10-Apr-14 14:31:44

It actually isn't that horrible with vodka. We tried it once because the Arctic Monkeys sang about it. It wouldn't be on my list of things to drink everyday though!

AndThatsWhatIThinkOfYou Thu 10-Apr-14 14:32:28

fish and chips with a can of d and b gorgeous.

Thisvehicleisreversing Thu 10-Apr-14 14:33:00

I remember my dad loving dandelion and 'bird muck' as he called it when I was a kid. Can't remember if I ever tried it though.

Is it the same as Dr Pepper or something different entirely?

StrawberryCheese Thu 10-Apr-14 14:33:12

Oh I love Dandelion and Burdock. It reminds me of school trips to the Black Country Museum for some reason.

monkeymax58 Thu 10-Apr-14 14:33:14

Mmmmm, childhood memories. smilesmile

TurnOffTheTv Thu 10-Apr-14 14:33:22

I very rarely drink fizzy drinks but I always have to have Dandelion & Burdock with proper fish and chips from the chippy grin

summertimeandthelivingiseasy Thu 10-Apr-14 14:33:58

www.mrfitzpatricks.com/product/dandelion_burdock/

I have some of this in the cupboard - and some sarsaparilla - that is as strange as its spelling! But strangely interesting hmm

picnicbasketcase Thu 10-Apr-14 14:34:33

Never tried it, but it smells revolting. What does it taste of? Don't say 'dandelions and burdocks'.

WhereMyMilk Thu 10-Apr-14 14:35:28

It is bloody lovely-had massive need for gallons of it when pregnant with DD!

OnIlkleyMoorBahTwat Thu 10-Apr-14 14:44:10

Is sarsaparilla the revoltingly sour one, summer?

I don't like D&B and I can't describe the taste, but for the OP:

You sound like you have never heard of dandelion and burdock before, really? but then you might not be a quite old child of the seventies like me.

As a child, we used to call it 'Hannibal & Murdock' in some weird kind of rhyming slang tribute to the A-team, which was every kid's favourite non cartoon TV programme of the day.

I used to make my own sarsaparilla.

Dandelion & Burdock is lush.

littlemisssarcastic Thu 10-Apr-14 14:47:08

Love dandelion and burdock but couldn't describe the taste.
Not sure why I keep thinking of Dr Pepper now. grin

17leftfeet Thu 10-Apr-14 14:55:17

Love d&b especially from the chippy

It has a slight sweet medicinal taste but my goodness it's lovely

Can't stand doctor pepper though!

Bellwether Thu 10-Apr-14 15:02:14

It is the BEST. Sarsparilla a close second.

MrsMystery Thu 10-Apr-14 15:19:46

picnicbasketcase Never tried it, but it smells revolting. What does it taste of? Don't say 'dandelions and burdocks'.

Hi,

Think of the sickliest cough medicine you've ever had & add in an awful chemical aftertaste, then make it fizz.

No. 3 on my Worst Things I've Ever Tasted list. grin

diddl Thu 10-Apr-14 15:19:50

That brings back memories!

Used to love it.

Haven't had it as an adult-wonder if it would be great memories ruined!

clairealfie Thu 10-Apr-14 15:34:38

It's a bit like liquid aniseed yum yum yum with fish and chips yum yum.

I sort of understand why you wouldn't like it though, it would come as a shock if you've never had it before.

However, cream soda and sarsaparilla yuk yuk.

Rafflesway Thu 10-Apr-14 15:40:42

D&b, Tizer, Jusoda etc - omg I am back in the 60's/70's!

BOFster Thu 10-Apr-14 15:44:04

Cream soda is the most vile thing in the world. It makes Dandelion&Burdock taste like the sweet tears of sacred unicorns in comparison.

whereisthewitch Thu 10-Apr-14 15:44:59

It tastes like aniseed! Definitely not something I'd go for but my parents love it, reminds them of their idyllic childhoods in the 50's/60's when the lemonade man would drive his van around the countryside selling it and pineappleade in glass bottles!

littledrummergirl Thu 10-Apr-14 15:49:41

Mmmmm dandelion and burdock.

Bookaholic Thu 10-Apr-14 15:52:26

When they put a drinks vending machine in at the place I used to work it was almost a full time job keeping the Dandelion and Burdock stocked up. Wonderful stuff, immediate regression to childhood when I have some. American Root Beer is lovely too.

Agree with the PP about Cream Soda though, that is the devil's own secretions.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now