To think Robbie Williams...

(131 Posts)
IsChippyMintonExDirectory Sat 05-Apr-14 22:19:24

Is the extremely untalented, mediocre and not the least bit entertaining? Just catching up on Ant and Dec, I really love the show but do not get RW at all

also I hate his stupid smug grin

Shockers Mon 07-Apr-14 15:49:29

I met Howard at a party when TT were just starting out. He was lovely. He could also flip all the way down the 100'+ garden.

squoosh Mon 07-Apr-14 13:36:43

Thank God the awful 'Angels' seems to have buggered off the airwaves. It used to be played on an hourly basis for nearly a decade.

ClockWatchingLady Mon 07-Apr-14 13:26:27

YABU.

I think he can be alarmingly self-aware. Like in that song "come undone". And sort of humane.

But most importantly he's delicious.

moldingsunbeams Mon 07-Apr-14 13:11:45

Can I just add Howard is lovely. He once spent thirty minutes chatting to dd when she was about five. She had no clue who he was, she has sen and spent ages telling him all about her school/pets/house/holiday and anything private she could think of, much to my mortification and he spent ages engaging with her in the middle of Manchester simply because he had smiled at her and she had decided that must make him her friend!

Total Sweetheart.

Met the others a few time through life and work.

Gary can be offish but actually much funnier than he comes across.

Jason nice as long as people dont invade his space which is fair enough.

Robbie can be lovely or a complete twat depending on his mood. He had a vip room of his own at a vip party when much much bigger stars mingled but i bumped into him at work when he was looking for someone and he was lovely.

Mark was down to earth and lovely everytime bar one when he was pissed early one morning, ive also seen his temper and flirting with women while engaged.

Pawprint Mon 07-Apr-14 13:10:47

He's not someone I am interested in - I think he got lucky, really, with the "Angels" song back in the late 1990s. Don't think he's very talented, but I don't mind him.

The one I really can't stand is Michael Buble - he really is a smug, talentless cunt.

I think he's well suited to his wife. I once saw an interview where he said 'how many other women can say that their husband has been in Take That and 2 of the Spice Girls".

grim.

I met all the TT guys in my youth, and I always found Jason and Howard the loveliest, had so much time for fans.

And then I met the guys during their first comeback tour (the one without Robbie), and Jason and Howard were once again, the most sincere with fans.

Robbie was pleasant when I met him, during the TT days, but I got this feeling he'd rather have been somewhere else then where he was. Didn't stop me "loving" him back then though, when I was a hormonal teenage girl, and the proud owner of a t-shirt with Mrs Robbie Williams printed on it. Said item has since been burnt, as has all photograph evidence of such item, at least I hope it has all been burnt!

Fifyfomum Mon 07-Apr-14 12:53:10

He was having a laugh Lotta, I thought he was really funny on the Graham Norton show!

Lottapianos Mon 07-Apr-14 12:44:51

Did you all hear what he said on Graham Norton's show when he was asked what it was like watching his daughter being born? 'Like watching my favourite pub burn down'. What an utter plonker.

And the song about his daughter was full of advice about how she doesn't have to get off with blokes she dances with when she's older, and if anyone hurts her she should 'let your daddy know'. Shudder and vomit.

DidoTheDodo Mon 07-Apr-14 12:07:49

I met Robbie once and he was much nicer than I had expected. Actually a very decent, kind hearted guy.

OwlCapone Mon 07-Apr-14 12:05:51

He publicly called Courtney Love ugly. For that, I just know he is a cunt and can't see past that.

I find that kind of amusing on a thread where people are publicly calling him all sorts of things. smile

CuntyBunty Mon 07-Apr-14 11:52:01

It doesn't surprise me, Mignonette. He is quite the misogynist.

<burns list> sad

Ulysses Mon 07-Apr-14 11:44:48

Tax-avoiding Tory, Glaikit. The Worst.

kilmuir Mon 07-Apr-14 11:21:12

He is talentless, believes his own hype.

Can't stand RW or GB, but loving LJBananas bag idea grin I'm agreeing all she has said to in there! but I'll add, Jeremy Clarkson, Cilla Black, Pip Schofield, and all other egotistical self important talentless twats.

That feels sooooo good.

PunkrockerGirl Mon 07-Apr-14 11:12:42

YANBU. I've always thought he's a prat.

GARY IS A TORY! <weeps> <crosses him off The List>

BumPotato Mon 07-Apr-14 11:04:16

Courtney Love is ugly. Still rather unkind of him to point it out.

Mignonette Mon 07-Apr-14 11:00:59

Oh he verbally abused Sophie Ellis Bextor too Cunty. Really nice man. hmm

CuntyBunty Mon 07-Apr-14 10:51:46

He publicly called Courtney Love ugly. For that, I just know he is a cunt and can't see past that.

everlong Mon 07-Apr-14 10:45:20

Irritating, can't sing, smug, insecure.
Apart from that he's great.

LJBanana Mon 07-Apr-14 09:53:09

We are going to have to get a bigger bag!

Namechangeforamo Sun 06-Apr-14 22:25:41

I think he's quite good at what he did on Ant and Dec and probably would suit musical theatre/entertainer type shows. Definitely not a very talented musician though

TheLadyMarion Sun 06-Apr-14 22:24:02

Sorry, "there".

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now