To think Robbie Williams...

(131 Posts)
IsChippyMintonExDirectory Sat 05-Apr-14 22:19:24

Is the extremely untalented, mediocre and not the least bit entertaining? Just catching up on Ant and Dec, I really love the show but do not get RW at all

also I hate his stupid smug grin

DomesticSlobbess Sun 06-Apr-14 00:17:48

YANBU.

Can't stand him either! Really don't see the appeal.

DisappointedHorse Sun 06-Apr-14 00:24:45

No, I agree. I'm so glad I saw Take That on the tour before he rejoined them.

He's a fully signed up member of Needy Fuckers Anonymous, the same as Geriatric Halliwell.

fifi669 Sun 06-Apr-14 01:01:17

I would crawl over broken glass to lick that man!

SinisterBuggyMonth Sun 06-Apr-14 01:04:46

Yanbu

I don't get it. And I'm getting bored of his "bisexual innuendo" (swings both ways). Really? Your married with a baby now.

do quite like "feel" though

rodgette Sun 06-Apr-14 08:22:06

ewww... RW

No thanks,
Smug, arrogant and no talent, don't care which he swings
just don't swing near me, he ain't Frank Sinatra
give me Morrissey or Jarvis or Liam Gallagher any day, that's entertainment ;)

RunnerBeen Sun 06-Apr-14 08:24:49

YABVVVU.

I love him.

justmuddlingalongsomehow Sun 06-Apr-14 08:29:20

Well, I reckon YABU. I most definitely would, even with his dodgy grey streak. I can see why he winds people up though.

Robbie and Gary are marmite. I bloody LOVE marmite.

8isalotoflegsDavid Sun 06-Apr-14 08:30:26

YABU. He is a fantastically talented live entertainer, one of the very best live performers I have ever seen, and I've seen a lot, including some of the very biggest names in pop and rock in the world today.

And he has a great voice. His songs tick every box for what you want in a well crafted pop song.

I can see why not everyone would necessarily like his personality though.

OwlCapone Sun 06-Apr-14 08:33:07

He has looked very odd whenever I've seen him on TV over the last couple of years. I think he used to be great at entertaining but seems to have lost something. And gained a ridiculous badger streak in his hair.

financialwizard Sun 06-Apr-14 08:42:15

Saw him live at Knebworth donkey's years ago and it was a fantastic show. Very disappointed now though.

YABU. I think he's great. He totally gets it, he doesn't take himself too seriously. I prefer him over Gary Boring Barlow any day. This is my favourite- here

Lesleythegiraffe Sun 06-Apr-14 08:44:05

No, I don't get the Robbie love-in either. Big show-off with a very mediocre voice in my opinion.

DurhamDurham Sun 06-Apr-14 08:47:11

Robbie was ok years ago as the 'cheeky chappie' of Take That, he then became very successful by sheer luck and the fact that he had an especially good writer penning his songs.

Now though, he is just awful. He sounds dire. He looks creepy. And he isn't even funny anymore which used to be his saving grace.

ForalltheSaints Sun 06-Apr-14 08:47:49

I've worked with Robbie and he's a good man to work with. You won't be talking about any member of One Direction or Justin Bieber in twenty years time.

scarletforya Sun 06-Apr-14 08:51:33

I've always disliked him.

He was in the papers yesterday boasting how he shagged two spice girls. That's desperation!

Oh yes Robbie Williams or Harry Hairstyles? <ponders>

Shockers Sun 06-Apr-14 08:52:05

Can't abide seeing him strut around gurning with his chest puffed out.

wowfudge Sun 06-Apr-14 08:55:06

As a TT fan back in the day, Durham, I didn't like RW then as he was so irritating, gurning away whenever they were on TV, etc. Never understood the attraction. I had a ticket for what turned out to be their final tour (before the recent reunion tours) and remember thinking it was no loss when he left!

I think he's one of those people with some talent who has done very well for himself.

moldingsunbeams Sun 06-Apr-14 08:56:51

Im with you op
I was a Take That fan from age 11, I have met them all through work since, cant stand him, ive seen his solo tours, some of the songs are great but I dont think hes that good a showman anymore tbh.

But obviously, TT, GB, and RW et al, none of them are any match for this lot-the original and best.....

iwouldgoouttonight Sun 06-Apr-14 09:04:33

I don't normally have an opinion on him either way, but when he was in bed with that woman on Ant and Dec, and he kept stroking her ear, I nearly threw up.

Creepy and slimy.

I thought that was hilarious iwould. blush

PaulinesPen Sun 06-Apr-14 09:19:27

Hmm..He does seem to be relying more on personality than music these days. And it's backfiring.

Lol at 'Harry Hairstyles'grin..He always reminds me of Hamble from Playschoolconfused

maitaimojito Sun 06-Apr-14 09:20:16

YANBU.

I've said the same for years. There's just nothing appealing about him and he's always so smug.

HowContraryMary Sun 06-Apr-14 09:30:40

I'd do him - even though he's a skank with tattoo's. For RW I'd make the exception. He's just one mass of sexual charisma.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now