to ask what trypopphobia is?

(81 Posts)
ilikeyourface Sat 05-Apr-14 21:55:30

Too scared to google

NurseyWursey Sun 06-Apr-14 14:03:10

whitepudding I think thay may be why so many of us have it!

EHoneybadger Sun 06-Apr-14 14:22:30

I'm another one who has it but didn't know it had a name or that other people felt the same.

For me it is swarms that are the worst. When I was little we had a couple of summers of swarms of flying ants and felt to revolted and skin crawly to leave the house.

I'm not great with bee swarms although I love bees and hate frog spawn although love frogs.

I'm not normally an anxious or phobic person but every now and again will catch a pattern or picture that makes me feel squirmy and a bit sick.

Thank you for giving me a word to call this. Somehow I find it reassuring.

Sandthorn Sun 06-Apr-14 20:06:28

Does anybody else who gets this have a problem with mushrooms in general? I hate mushrooms altogether (the smell makes me sick), but the gills actually make my skin crawl... Like proper phobia.

everlong Sun 06-Apr-14 20:08:42

I cannot stand photo's of black stitches on skin. Itakea me feel similar to the hole thing.

BertieBotts Sun 06-Apr-14 20:16:28

Lines of oooooo are lines, not groups and they are not close enough together to provoke a reaction.

Abbie some scientists reckon it's related to decay or disease/parasites. Rotting wood for example would definitely set it off, as does woodworm. So it could be a primal instinct to warn us away from danger. DH read an article that says 20% of women have it and 10% of men.

It was my thread, BTW, and there are no pictures on it (any more? I think someone posted one which was deleted)

I don't find it a problem TBH. I hardly ever come across things which trigger it naturally, not seriously anyway, maybe a little bit (but even that is fairly rare).

Those book sculptures popular on social media about a year ago set me off.

itsmeitscathy Sun 06-Apr-14 20:45:30

Eeurgg I love the taste of crumpets but I can't bear to look at them. I discovered there was a word for this not long ago. Honeycomb also freaks me out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now