ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

To really really want a PS4 and not buy one?

(66 Posts)
CorusKate Sat 05-Apr-14 20:56:08

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

deakymom Sat 05-Apr-14 21:04:19

we want an xbox one we can't justify buying it therefore we do not until we save and don't need to pay bills until it is "spare" we won't buy it sad

CorusKate Sat 05-Apr-14 21:07:17

BertieBotts Sat 05-Apr-14 21:13:30

If you have the money spare, and it's a good price, then yes you should buy it.

I know what you mean about feeling like you shouldn't.

If it was £100, or £50, would you buy it? £330 is a lot but it's what consoles cost. If it's the amount that's stalling you, imagine it being a smaller amount. If it's that you feel you won't use it, then maybe it's better to leave it.

What about moving the PC downstairs? DH has his set up and linked to the TV through HDMI so if he wants to, he can effectively use the PC with a wireless controller as a console through the TV. That would also mean that you don't end up buying games twice.

Trade in the wii at Cex. You only get £11 on a voucher for it but the value isn't going up and you could get a DVD box set or blu ray for that.

CorusKate Sat 05-Apr-14 21:24:40

BertieBotts Sat 05-Apr-14 22:28:18

Ah it's probably not worth it then for the sake of £11. Will be interesting to see if wiis come into their own a bit for that kind of thing actually.

I think if it's just that £50 would be fine but £330 feels scandalous to spend on "little old me" then do it - it's spare, what's money for except spending and bringing you a bit of happiness every now and again?

It's only unfair to play games on the living room TV if other people are using it to watch TV all the time. If they're not (and/or they'd be wanting to play on the PS4 as well) then it's not an issue - be careful not to be the martyr writing off your own happiness for the sake of everyone else. You are important too!

TaliZorahVasNormandy Sat 05-Apr-14 22:31:35

I want one, but the games on it are shit atm, my DB has one and says at the moment, its just an expensive blu-ray player.

Think about it on a cost per hour basis. It is a state of the art machine (until the Next Big Thing). Say it has a life of 3 yrs since PS aren't likely to make any massive upgrades for a bit, and you play on it fir 5 hrs a week for arguments sake, that isn't very much hour played is it? << counts on fingers>>

About 42p an hour which for entertaimnment is pretty cheap.

Could you call it an early birthday pressie or something if you are worried about appearing selfish although it isn't as selfish as say a designer handbag that only you would use. Your DH could play too!

CorusKate Sat 05-Apr-14 22:43:27

FlyntCoal Sat 05-Apr-14 22:50:17

I bought a ps3 for £50 from a friend recently, first console I've had since N64! There is a massively huge back catalogue of games, and most upcoming ps4 games have a ps3 release too. I'll not be upgrading for years! You can get a pre-owned ps3 for under £100 from Game I think, I'd recommend that.

I have a PS3. That I nagged for made a sensible case for the addition to our household AV system.

DH has just seen an advert for a PS4 game and said, There's a PS4 now?! why haven't you been nagging me to get one of those? hmm
for I am the gamer in our house.

I said, wellllll, it's not reverse compatible and there are quite a few PS3 games I own that I haven't finished yet. You never have quite the free time you hope you will, do you...

I'd leave it a month or two, see what comes out game-wise. Price might drop in that time, too.

CorusKate Sat 05-Apr-14 23:22:59

CorusKate Sat 05-Apr-14 23:23:45

Naoko Sat 05-Apr-14 23:28:42

So, you want one, and you have the money for one. The only thing that is stopping you is a feeling that you shouldn't spend money on yourself, and a DP who doesn't think you'll get enough use out of it?

The Playstation is not the problem here. You should go and get it (because you want it and you can afford it and there is nothing wrong with Playstations), and then you should have a think about why you feel you can't spend money on yourself, and why you let yourself be swayed so heavily by a DP who thinks you won't get use out of it.

TaliZorahVasNormandy Sat 05-Apr-14 23:30:52

Get a PS3 and get the Mass Effect Trilogy, its fecking awesome and the fanfiction from it.

Makes 50 shades look like it was written by a repressed 1950's housewife.

CorusKate Sat 05-Apr-14 23:32:20

TaliZorahVasNormandy Sat 05-Apr-14 23:32:55

Sexy Aliens rule!!

ICanSeeTheSun Sat 05-Apr-14 23:36:40

I have a ps4, tbh I wish I didn't get it so soon ( save up and got it on the release night)

Don't fancy the games, so it's an overprice netflix player.

CorusKate Sat 05-Apr-14 23:42:39

CorusKate Sat 05-Apr-14 23:46:46

CorusKate Sat 05-Apr-14 23:51:57

TaliZorahVasNormandy Sun 06-Apr-14 00:22:47

It should be under Therapy, shooting shit up can really help you after a bad day.

CorusKate Sun 06-Apr-14 00:39:50

TaliZorahVasNormandy Sun 06-Apr-14 00:47:30

Best moment for me in gaming, Some Admiral dick tried blowing a ship up that I was on, after getting out, I had the opportunity to either agree with him for doing it or punching him in the stomach.

I punch him in the stomach every time, so satisfying.

CorusKate Sun 06-Apr-14 00:50:27

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now