to UN sponsor someone?

(7 Posts)
Legologgo Sat 05-Apr-14 20:33:39

Longish story - fell out with a mate about 5 years ago, she ended up being a bit mental and I seriously think) a psychopath.

Anyway her new partner and her are doing a charity event and wanted sponsorship, so she and he were collecting sponsors door to door locally.
I was bloody doorstepped and before I knew what I was doing I was bamboozled into giving money to him, knowing its for them. ( I know its for the charity, but you know)

I have spent all day today thinking of ways I can say to him (generally nice) that your partner is a witch and I don't know how I got sucked into sponsoring you when neither of you ever speak to me the rest of the time. But I know in reality I will cave in and bloody pay it.

what to do?

Catsize Sat 05-Apr-14 20:36:34

Move house, so they won't know where to find you...

RedFocus Sat 05-Apr-14 20:38:58

The only answer is to move house I'm afraid. Probably best to move a few hours away too just to make sure wink

CremeEggThief Sat 05-Apr-14 20:39:06

You can't back out of this, sorry. Hope you didn't sponsor him much though!

sillymillyb Sat 05-Apr-14 20:41:39

Keep a fake beard and a hat by the front door and when they knock for the money pretend to have just moved in and have no idea what they are on about?

Viviennemary Sat 05-Apr-14 20:42:33

You could send a cheque directly to the charity even if it's not that much.I think that's what I'd do if I was feeling really awkward.

Legologgo Sat 05-Apr-14 20:43:22

the only consolation is that the charity is GOOD.
She was collecting with him but didnt dare show her face.

WITCH

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now