AIBU to be a bit annoyed MIL said 'hear you have got a little job'

(79 Posts)
MagnaCharge Sat 05-Apr-14 14:43:58

I have finally got a job as a TA in a school, the job I wanted trained for straight from school and did from the day I qualified until I had DC1 8 years ago.I was over the moon to have got back into what I have always considered my career ( I am not bright enough to be a teacher).
Then MIL pisses on my chips by saying 'I hear you have a little job'

I said 'yes but not really a little job, back to what I did before'

She said 'no, it's just a little mummy job not too taxing and doesn't matter if you have a few days off with the children'

AIBU to think What the fuck? I worked hard for my qualifications and happen to think supporting children with additional needs is really important. And she should know that seeing as BIL has autism and still lives at home in his 50s because he was not supported to succeed at school.

HarrietSchulenberg Sat 05-Apr-14 22:22:15

Snort at the idea of it being easy to have time out of school to be with your own kids. I've missed carol concerts at which my children have performed, sports days and just about everything that my own kids do at their own schools because my secondary school won't allow me time off. If I have time off who will cover the kids I am paid to work with?

Tell your MIL I said she's an arse.

HarrietSchulenberg Sat 05-Apr-14 22:22:46

Snort at the idea of it being easy to have time out of school to be with your own kids. I've missed carol concerts at which my children have performed, sports days and just about everything that my own kids do at their own schools because my secondary school won't allow me time off. If I have time off who will cover the kids I am paid to work with?

Tell your MIL I said she's an arse.

hoboken Sat 05-Apr-14 22:26:50

She is clearly a little woman who, despite her family's experience, is not capable of seeing that your work is vital. Ignore her, explanation is clearly futile <flounces out in solidarity with Magna>

dayshiftdoris Sat 05-Apr-14 22:28:53

Pfft my son has additional need and any man or woman who takes him on certainly has not got 'a little job'

SEN TAs are the glue that hold schools, classes and kids together...

Little job my ARSE!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now