DP and London Part 2

(17 Posts)
Bazoo23 Sat 05-Apr-14 12:27:31

Was going to give an update if anyone remembers my previous thread but dont want to bore anyone if not!

formerbabe Sat 05-Apr-14 12:29:31

Are you the woman who had to go to London on a work course and expected her dp to go with her?

If yes, then would love to hear update.

Bazoo23 Sat 05-Apr-14 12:37:12

haha yes thats me although the thread didnt quite end like that.
well yesterday was the day! after 2 trains i arrivede at kings cross still quite terrified. had a minor incident leaving kings cross as could not figute out how to get past the turnstiles but a lovely lady helped ... eventually :-)
then i had to get the tube to belsize park which was surprisingly easy and so quick!

found my way to the venue following instructions in. my work pack

CoffeeTea103 Sat 05-Apr-14 12:40:08

Oh good op. The next time will be much easier and you will be more confident. smile

Bazoo23 Sat 05-Apr-14 12:40:22

posted too soon .
did it all in reverse 3 hours later!

yes it was busy and chaotic and i did get shoved for standing on the escalator but it was nothing like i had feared.

guess who's volunteered to be an assessor at the August course!

ImAThrillseekerHoney Sat 05-Apr-14 12:42:17

Aw, well done Bazoo. We told you you could do it (admittedly some of us told you that in quite "robust" terms).

Bazoo23 Sat 05-Apr-14 12:43:46

Yes Thrillseeker I had some of your rather memorable words of encouragement coming to mind yesterday haha.

Alisvolatpropiis Sat 05-Apr-14 12:45:48

I remember that thread OP!

Glad it turned out to be better than you expected. I said you'd be find then and you were! smile

Hassled Sat 05-Apr-14 12:47:16

I do remember that thread and I remember your terror - good for you; you should be bloody proud of yourself.

BrownSauceSandwich Sat 05-Apr-14 13:03:46

I remember the original thread, bazoo. Really well done. grin I guess it's easy to forget that not everybody gets the chance, in childhood, to build up confidence in every activity/experience many of us take for granted. But this one, for you, is a bit like passing your driving test or something... You might find it nervy the first few times, but it's worth it for the doors it opens.

Next time you're down, make time to visit one of the galleries, or a bit of shopping at Liberty's, or dinner at an off-the-wall restaurant, or something that you'd find a real treat and isn't usually a possibility in your home town. If you're dealing with the stress of a big city, you might as well make use of the advantages that only big cities can offer.

itsmeitscathy Sat 05-Apr-14 13:06:30

Well done grin the first time is the worst- it will be so much easier in future!

diddl Sat 05-Apr-14 13:11:10

Well done you OP!

I still make a point of avoiding the tube!

Laquitar Sat 05-Apr-14 13:14:12

Thank you for the update and i am very glad that you 've made it! Welldone
Is next time in the same location?
If you don't want to go to west end then you can walk toHamstead Heath. In August will be lovely and it is ten min walk from Belsize Park.
There are many nice cafes on Hamstead High street.

blahblahblah2014 Sun 06-Apr-14 00:34:11

I remember your post - worlds your oyster now ;)

BillyBanter Sun 06-Apr-14 00:36:14

Well done! You'll be commuting like a pro in no time.

Amy106 Sun 06-Apr-14 08:01:14

I remember your thread. I am so glad it worked out for you. Well done! thanks

comicsansisevil Sun 06-Apr-14 08:05:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now