aibu to HATE the bloody Grand National....

(109 Posts)
ThatVikRinA22 Sat 05-Apr-14 02:13:59

i cant watch.
i refuse to watch.
cruel horrendous barbaric stupid race. and for what?

hate the fucking thing. wish it was banned.

Bowlersarm Sat 05-Apr-14 21:58:03

That's a lovely story allofaflumble

SelectAUserName Sat 05-Apr-14 21:59:47

Or what Frankel said more succinctly grin

Allofaflumble, thanks for sharing that great example.

Bearbehind Sat 05-Apr-14 22:05:55

Jeez, if you lot want to fight over whether being in the top 10% makes a horse, good, great or top flight then fill your boots.

The point I was making was that if it wasn't for racing, these horses wouldn't exist and those who disagree with horse racing have no right to such views unless they abstain from eating meat/ wearing leather/ having pets/ visiting zoos etc.

Allofaflumble Sat 05-Apr-14 22:13:20

I was so glad to be able to share it with you. The people in my life think I am quite mad!

Mrsmorton Sat 05-Apr-14 22:55:49

I love that story fumble thank you smile

We do all love our horses so very much.

guineapig2014 Sat 05-Apr-14 23:01:58

No YADNBU OP it is awful and cruel sad to the poor animals. Dd and I both had our hands over our eyes when dh and ds were watching it. If you ask me I think it will be banned in a few years.

MistressDeeCee Sat 05-Apr-14 23:20:07

I don't like or watch it. I feel sorry for the horses.

fayrae Sun 06-Apr-14 00:13:54

Why on earth would a particular horse race be banned? It'd be like banning the FA cup final or Wimbledon, but not banning football or tennis.

saintmerryweather Sun 06-Apr-14 07:41:44

The horses love it. As Battlegroup showed they can refuse to race, and plenty of jockeys chose not to push their horses and pulled them up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now