AIBU to think the DM got something right this time?!

(44 Posts)

www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2570390/Does-shampooing-AFTER-condition-make-hair-shinier-New-trend-washing-reverse-takes-hold.html

I tried this in the shower this morning, and it worked so, so well... My hair is SO soft and shiny this morning, I'm definitely a convert!!

Sparklingbrook Fri 04-Apr-14 09:49:22

I saw that while accidentally looking at DM online. I am going to give it a whirl....

It's quite hard to remember to do it when you're in the shower, because it's just habit to reach for the shampoo, but I'm quite pleased with myself that I managed to remember at 5:30 this morning!

Honestly Sparklingbrook it'll be the best thing you've ever done grin

mrsjay Fri 04-Apr-14 09:54:53

I remember washing my hair with conditioner by accident it looked so shiny grin i was always worried my hair wasnt clean enough but might give it a go just off for a shower will report back

Sparklingbrook Fri 04-Apr-14 09:55:43

So is it Conditioner-shampoo-conditioner?

Nope, conditioner first, shampoo last.

It feels a bit odd when you get out of the shower Mrsjay, but wait till you blow-dry it... Magic!

Sparklingbrook Fri 04-Apr-14 09:59:17

Ooh right. I have some of that lovely Banana conditioner form the Body shop so will try.

Ooh, I have banana Burt's Bees hand creme and it's divine... Might have to check out the Body Shop!

mrsjay Fri 04-Apr-14 10:10:54

Dd is gettng ready for work so i am stil lwaiting to get in

Boot him out mrsjay. You have an experiment to conduct!

mrsjay Fri 04-Apr-14 10:14:52

she takes ages she is just about to leave she is doing her I CANT find my car keys rant grin

Oops, sorry mrsjay, read it as dp, not dd grin

MrsDeVere Fri 04-Apr-14 10:17:15

I have done that a few times by accident or when I have left a conditioner on overnight.
It definitely works.

MoominsYonisAreScary Fri 04-Apr-14 10:19:36

I will give it a try tonight

Stinklebell Fri 04-Apr-14 10:19:44

Someone told me about this a little while ago but I never quite believed them.

Will have to try it when I finally drag my ass off the computer and get in the shower

mrsjay Fri 04-Apr-14 10:20:11

thats ok

UriGeller Fri 04-Apr-14 10:20:48

Aussie leave in conditioner is brilliant on my woolly thick hair. I'm going to try doing it your way Reg.

I'm so excited everyone's trying it grin

Everyone must report back with results!!

DejaVuAllOverAgain Fri 04-Apr-14 10:36:09

I'm just impressed you manage to remember things at 5.30am grin

I'll have to try and remember this next time I wash my hair.

dejavu I was as well!! I didn't have to leave a note on my shampoo or anything like I strongly considered doing and then promptly forgot

LokiDokey Fri 04-Apr-14 12:12:04

There was a thread about this in chat yesterday, most of us who'd tried it reported dull, greasy, generally ick hair.

Never again.

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Fri 04-Apr-14 12:15:50

Have done this by accident in the past and never noticed it was an improvement.

Nanny0gg Fri 04-Apr-14 12:19:39

I can see how it worked on the girl who wrote the article as she has very fine hair.
But I have thick hair and lots of it, (not long, just lots of hair) so I think it would be a nightmare to use conditioner first.

Yes, I think it very much depends on hair type... I didn't think it would work on mine, as it's quite dry and frizzy and fine (even though I have lots of it) but I'm so pleased with the results... I keep running my fingers through my hair, it's so soft!

Stinklebell Fri 04-Apr-14 12:28:30

OK, so I've tried it.

Feels horrible to the touch, but does look quite good. A lot smoother, didn't really need the straighteners

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now