to expect my dishwasher to actually work

(8 Posts)
goshhhhhh Fri 04-Apr-14 08:37:29

Dishwasher is two years old. A replacement fir the one we inherited & we had for about 10 years. It has just been repaired for the third time in so many weeks. It has just gone bang! Thank god I was here as it smelt v suspicious. Pulled out & unplugged. Would I be unreasonable to get the repair man to do the washing up when he gets here?

MissMarplesBloomers Fri 04-Apr-14 21:01:07

YANBU - give him a pair of Marigolds & promise him a cuppa when he is done. wink

I would be asking for a new replacement personally, this one is clearly duff.

goshhhhhh Fri 04-Apr-14 23:44:49

Think we are going to. Repair man coming Tuesday so going to introduce the kids to the lost art of washing up this weekend.

MissMarplesBloomers Sat 05-Apr-14 20:50:12

How are the kids coping goshhhhhh ? grin

ICanSeeTheSun Sat 05-Apr-14 20:55:33

I think disposable plates and cutlery and use disposable oven dishes.

goshhhhhh Sun 06-Apr-14 16:09:14

Split chores. DH cooking now - so I'm washing. 12 year old Dd being not so 'dear' so she may be washing up. Repair man coming Tuesday. May make dh have the conversation with him....

goshhhhhh Sun 06-Apr-14 16:37:03

Iwill think I need to invoke the rule we had when in a student share. If you cook , you wash up....he might use less pans then! Must be more grateful!

goshhhhhh Tue 08-Apr-14 13:26:58

Dishwasher update. Repair man been . Leak inside machine caused it to arc & short. They are going to replace it free of charge. Great customer service.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now