to think urgent mail should go first class?

(20 Posts)
Fuckeroo Thu 27-Mar-14 19:23:14

I left some important forms for dh to sign, and asked him (by phone) to put them straight in the post as soon as he got in (he gets home from work earlier than me). I said several times that it was important he got them sorted before the last post.

All done and dusted and I've relaxed in the knowledge that we've done our best to get the forms to their destination before the weekend.

Except I've just realised from the book of stamps that he's posted them second class.

What the fuck? Surely the fact I needed them signed and posted immediately would suggest a bit of urgency? Who buys second class stamps anyway?

Fucking, fucking hell. I'm not BU, am I? Can I kill him?

Fuckeroo Thu 27-Mar-14 19:28:51

He had one job. Well three: buy stamps, sign form, post it.

I could cry.

He's giving me a wounded puppy expression because he's done it wrong.

GertTheFlirt Thu 27-Mar-14 19:30:11

Is an extra 24 hours going to really matter? As it is, if posted today, they would arrive tomorrow and no one works on a Friday grin they would just be slung in the 'in tray' until Monday when the second class post will turn up anyway

Fuckeroo Thu 27-Mar-14 19:36:31

It might matter. It's solicitors instructions for our house purchase. Arriving tomorrow will make a big difference to timescales compared to arriving Tuesday, for eg. We have to exchange in two weeks.

Salmotrutta Thu 27-Mar-14 19:38:02

How long have you had the forms for?

Fuckeroo Thu 27-Mar-14 19:38:32

I'm trying to not be all pissy about it,but I went to so much effort this morning to get them all filled in and ready so they could be posted straight away, and I needn't have bothered as they aren't getting there on time anyway.

Fuckeroo Thu 27-Mar-14 19:39:42

They came yesterday, dh was out last night and I was tired after work so didn't fill them in until this morning.

BitOutOfPractice Thu 27-Mar-14 19:39:49

Oh heck. I would be fuming too. I would have posted them registerd I think.

Deep breaths

Fuckeroo Thu 27-Mar-14 19:44:17

Thank you. It's just one more stressful thing in a list of stressful things today. I think I'll go to bed.

Salmotrutta Thu 27-Mar-14 19:45:33

Did your DH realise the tight timescale that the forms had to be turned round in?

If not, then why not?

But, if he did then you must kill him a lot.

GertTheFlirt Thu 27-Mar-14 19:45:58

But you deferred it 24 hours too - you were too tired to fill them in after work

Fuckeroo Thu 27-Mar-14 19:49:37

I didn't defer them at all, filling them in last night wouldn't have made any difference, they would still have been posted today. They arrived yesterday while we were both at work and I didn't get home until gone six.

Fuckeroo Thu 27-Mar-14 19:52:20

Dh said he didn't think about it and that he always buys second class stamps because they are cheaper.

I am murderous.

He is now fapping about and asking me where his train tickets are for his jolly boys' trip tomorrow. I am going to cry.

specialsubject Thu 27-Mar-14 20:01:52

calm down. They may still arrive tomorrow, it is a bit of a lottery.

The theory is that all the mail goes together and the second-class ones are just chucked in a corner for a couple of days. They will probably arrive on Monday at latest.

HappyAgainOneDay Thu 27-Mar-14 20:04:48

I've sent a couple of things second class recently and they've arrived the next day. Just hope and pray. you never know....

BitOutOfPractice Thu 27-Mar-14 20:04:54

Fuckeroo I knew if you waited a short while there would be a MNer along to tell you it was your fault! wink

Bed sounds like a good idea. Warm drink or if I were you a glass of wine and some calming music.

FIngers crossed it arrives in time

Fuckeroo Thu 27-Mar-14 20:05:59

Thank you, and I know that even first class wasn't guaranteed to get there. I am just sick of having to do all the thinking.

I am being grumpy.

Fuckeroo Thu 27-Mar-14 20:06:43

thanks

FunkyBarnYard Thu 27-Mar-14 20:08:11

Our solicitor let us scan in docs and email then send the hard copies

It allowed them to prepare the next stage with relevant given info before the hard copies arrived. I'm sure in this day and age emails could be used. Who has time to wait around for postman pat!

FreeWee Thu 27-Mar-14 20:14:41

As other poster said. Can you not scan & email? But yes I would be pissed off as you are. My DH is from a similar school of not thinking & me doing it for him.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now